26 of the 28 fighters where able to make their weight limits Friday night for InvictaFC 3. The exceptions were Lacey Schukman, who was able to drop o.2 pounds to make 126 two hours later; and Tara LaRosa, who missed weight for the second fight in a row, came in at 127.6 for her flyweight bout. LaRosa didn’t re-weigh. As a result, Schuckman was deducted 10% of her purse and LaRosa 25%.
Highlights included a head to head staredown with Ediane Gomes and Katalina Malungahu; Shayna Baszler and Sarah D’Alelio playful one ups-womanship, and Jessica Penne and Naho Sugiyama with the reveal of the first ever InvictaFC atomweight title belt.
The stream starts at 7 p.m./4 p.m. pacific on InvictaFC.com Saturday night. The site will go into “stream mode” tomorrow morning with a countdown to the event.
Here are the results. You can watch the weigh-in video below.
- Main Event: Atomweight title (105): Jessica Penne (104.4) vs Naho Sugiyama (103.6)
- Co-Main Event: Bantamweight (135): Shayna Baszler (134.6) vs Sarah D’Alelio (135.0)
- Bantamweight (135): Kaitlin Young (135.0) vs Leslie Smith (135.4)
- Flyweight (125): Barb Honchak (124.2) vs Aisling Daly (125.0)
- Flyweight (125): Tara LaRosa (127.6; didn’t re-weigh) vs Vanessa Porto (125.0)
- Bantamweight (135): Cat Zingano (135.2) vs Raquel Pennington (135.6)
- Atomweight (105): Michelle Waterson (106.0) vs Lacey Schuckman (106.0 after 2nd weigh-in)
- Featherweight (145): Julia Budd (146.0) vs Danielle West (145.0)
- Strawweight (115): Lynn Alvarez (115.2) vs Carla Esparza (115.4)
- Strawweight (115): Ashley Cummins (115.8) vs Joanne Calderwood (115.2)
- Atomweight (105): Amy Davis (106.0) vs Stephanie Frausto (104.6)
- Bantamweight (135): Jessamyn Duke (135.4) vs Marciea Allen (134.4)
- Strawweight (115): Tecia Torres (114.4) vs Kaiyana Rain (113.4)
- Featherweight (145): Katalina Malungahu (144.4) vs Ediene Gomes (144.4)