The newly formed DEEP-JEWELS debuted Saturday as Japan’s premier all female promotion held eight MMA bouts.
In the main event, Emi Fujino was able to fend off some early adversity to defeat Korea’s Hyo Kyung Song. Song was able to land some solid shots at the beginning of rounds 1 and 2 that staggered Fujino. Fujiino was able to get the takedown in round 2 and take Song’s back for the rear naked choke at 3:34 of round 2. Fujino moves her record to 13-6.
Fujiino will take part in the announced DEEP-JEWELS strawweight tournament, which will also feature InvictaFC vet Mizumki Inoue, who lost a grappling contest on the card; and Mika Nagano, who won her MMA match against Akiko Naito by armbar in round 1. It was Naito’s retirement match. The tournament will find a number 1 contender for the title, with the winner facing Ayaka Hamasaki for the newly created 114 pound title. It is set to start on the DEEP-JEWELS November 4 card. One more participant will be announced in the coming weeks.
In the co-main event, Sadae Numata overcame some penalties and defeated Celine Haga by split decision. Numata came in overweight for the fight, which mean she would receive a point deduction going in. Numata, however, was dominant in two rounds, getting the decision win. Numata (5-1) will now face Seo Hee Ham for the inaugural DEEP-JEWELS atomweight title sometime next year.
You can read complete results below:
- Emi Fujino def. Hyo Kyung Song by submission (rear naked choke) 3:34 round 2.
- Mika Nagano def. Akiko Naito by submission (armbar) 2:24 round 1
- Sadae Numata def. Celine Haga by split decision
- Yuko Oya def. Yasuko Mogi vby split decision
- Yasuko Tamada def. Yukiko Seki by unanimous decision
- Masako Yoshida def. Satomi Takano by unanimous decision
- Miyoko Kusaka def. Fukuko Hamada by unanimous decision
- Megumi Sugimoto def. Takumi Umehara by unanimous decision
- Sachiko Fujimori def.Sumire Takahashi by submission (Rear-Naked Choke) 0:49 round one
- Kozue Nagashima def. Ji Yun Kim by majority decision
- Rena Matsuda and Rumina Kurihara fight to a majority draw
- Rikako Yuasa def. Mizuki Inoue bu unanimous decision