Fujii will end her legendary career as being the most success female fighter ever to grace the sport. Starting off at 22-0, she has yet to be finished in her two losses. Fujii looks to avenge one of those losses to Aguilar, who herself is on a five fight win streak. Aguilar is currently #1 in the world at 115, while Fujii is #2.
The match will stream on Nico Nico for $10.
Team Rousey retained control of the picks this week on “The Ultimate Fighter”, and paired Raquel Pennington against Jessamyn Duke this coming Wednesday. This also means Sarah Moras will face Peggy Morgan in the last quarterfinal.
If you want a complete and hilarious commentary of this past week’s episode, you can watch the Team Kristen review here.
The pairings for the upcoming DEEP-JEWELS strawweight tournament have been set.
InvictaFC vet Mizuki Inoue (6-1) will take on Emi Fujino (13-6) in one semi-final. Inoue is currently ranked #10 in the Unified rankings and is coming off a win over Bec Hyatt. Inoue’s only loss was to Ayaka Hamsaki, and is looking for a rematch if she wins the tournament. Fujino is on the cusp of being ranked, and a win will bring her into the top 10. She is also looking to avenge a loss to Hamasaki.
The other semi-final will see Mika Nagano (13-6) facing Emi Tomimatsu (5-7). Nagano went on a eight fight win streak to start her career, and is went 5-2 in her last three bouts. She is looking to avenge her loss to Ayaka Hamsaki. Tomimatsu is looking to snap a three fight losing streak.
The winner of the tournament will face Ayaka Hamsaki for the initial DEEP-JEWELS strawweight title. The matches will happen in Tokyo on November 4.
Shasta McMurry announced she will be on the Tuff-n-uff’s November 29th card as she will take on Amanda Rainville. The fight was originally set for the UFO MMA card this past May. The match will be at 115 pounds.
The card will also feature the finals of the Tuff-n-uff featherweight tournament. It will stream on Tuff-n-uff’s UStream channel for $5.
Congratulations to Marloes Coenen, who has become a Sports Councilor for Amsterdam. The position will help advise and support the city’s thriving sports community in business and government matters.
This Sunday on the podcast, we will talk to Alaskan fighter Nikki Knudsen is looking to make a lot of noise as she steps up to take on Holly Holm at LegacyFC Oct. 11.
You can listen live to the podcast at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. est Sunday here.
InvictaFC president Shannon Knapp tells us she is expecting to release the pairings for their seventh’s card early next week.
Cat Zingano is expected to be back in training in February. She is currently recovering from knee surgery. Her left knee is also injured, but won’t require surgery.
Zingano will to face the winner of UFC champ Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate for the belt in the spring.
According to an article on MMAFighting.com, Cyborg Justino stated she plans on facing Martina Jindrova for the inaugural Lion Fights Muay Thai 145 title title next year. Jindrova is currently recovering from a neck injury.
Justino also added she is expecting to fight on InvictaFC 7.
Cage Warriors kicks off its new bantamweight division in London, England Saturday as Hannah Stephens takes on Amanda Kelly. Kelly weighted in Friday at 133.5 pounds while Stephens in overweight on her second try, tipping the scales at 138.9. Stephens will forfeit 40% of her purse to Kelly.
Stephens (2-1) is coming off her first pro loss, losing a decision to L.J. Adams. Kelly will make her MMA debut and is a Muay Thai World champion.
The fight will stream for free on MMAJunkie.com at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. est. For those Canadian fans, it is also airing on The Fight Network.
In other pro MMA bouts:
- At CES MMA in Lincoln, RI, Kaline Medeiros takes on Rachel Sazoff
- In Moscow, Russia at White Rex Pro Anastasia Yankova battles Eleanor Tassinari
- Valérie Létourneau faces Cassie Crisano at Québec MMA League 1 in Quebec City, Canada
- At Cage Sport 27 in Tacoma, WA, Amy Cadwell dukes it out with Hadley Griffith
- In Santa Catarina, Brazil at Blufight MMA 5, Chayane Mendes takes on Daiane Torquato
In ammy MMA action this weekend:
- At King of the Cage in Alburqueque, NM, Amanda Lovato takes on Nikki Lowe
- In Lansing, MI at Capital City Cage Fight, Angie Jennings faces Sanya Cordray
- Brie Grimes battles Miranda Ewing at KCFA in Independence, MO
- At Rumble in Rush in Dubin, Ireland, Meagan O’Loughlin faces Liadain O’Driscoll (125)
Erica Anabella Farias defends her WBC Lightweight title as she takes on Mary McGee in Santa Fe, Argentina.
Farias (17-0) is looking for her 7th title and currently has 9 KOs to her credit. McGee (20-2) is coming off a decision loss to Holly Holm earlier this year.
The WBC light flyweight title will be on the line as champion Ibeth Zamora Silva takes on Neisi Torres in Toluca, México.
Silva (18-5) is on a three fight win streak and looking to defend her belt for the second time. Torres (10-1) is lookinf for her first title and won her past two fights.
In other boxing action:
- In a pair of bouts in Buenos Aires, Argentina, Florencia Roxana Canteros faces Yessika Flavia Munoz and Ruth Stephanie Aquino battles Natali Elizabeth Ferreyra
- Two bouts in Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium feature Delfine Persoon taking on Irma Balijagic Adler, and Elfi Philipps dukes it out with Rachida Hilali
- Jennifer Retzke faces Angel McKenzie and Marianne Marston takes Melinda Zsiga in London, United Kingdom
- In Pueblo, Colorado Chantel Cordova battles Christina Fuentes
- Celia Roman dukes it out with Maria Guadalupe Guzman in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico