Cage Warriors opened up their new women’s bantamweight division with a bang, as Muay Thai champion Amanda Kelly got the first round KO win over Hannah Stephens.
Stephens tried to take down Kelly, but Kelly used the clinch to land stiff elbows to the head of Stephens. Kelly’s striking was too much for Stephens, after a few knees in the clinch dropped her and the referee stopped the contest at 3:40 of round 1.
Amy Cadwell gained her second win as a pro in a “Fight of the Night” performance at Cage Sport MMA in Tacoma, WA. She was able to get the rear naked choke submission over Hadley Griffith at 3:21 of round 3.
In other pro action:
- At CES MMA in Lincoln, RI, Kaline Medeiros defeated Rachel Sazoff by unanimous decision (Video here)
- Anastasia Yankova defeated Eleanor Tassinari by submission (side choke) round 2 at White Rex Pro in Moscow, Russia
- In Santa Catarina, Brazil at Blufight MMA 5, Daiane Torquato defeated Chayane Mendes by submission (armbar) 3:16 round 1
- At Roadhouse MMA in Berlin, Germany, Tanja Hoffmann defeated Audrey Kerouche by submission (rear naked choke) round 1
In amateur action this weekend:
- In a pair of bouts at Ultimate Reno Combat, Aspen Ladd defeated Silvia Babaeghian by unanimous decision to retain her URC flyweight title, and Jordan Raulston defeated Stacy Vandiest by unanimous decision
- Ashley Lane successfully retained her PFC flyweight title by getting the unanimous decision over Paula Riddle at Premier Fighting Challenge in Abingdon, VA (Video here)
- Meagan O’Loughlin def. Liadain O’Driscoll by TKO round 2 at Rumble in Rush in Dubin, Ireland
Erica Anabella Farias retained her WBC Lightweight title by getting the unanimous decision win over Mary McGee in Santa Fe, Argentina.
Farias (18-0) has defend the title for the 7th time and solidifed herself as the top fighter in her division. McGee has dropped her second straight, having lost to Holly Holm in her previous fight.
In London, England, Jennifer Retzke gained another world title as she defeated Angel McKenzie by unanimous decision to win the vacant GBC welterweight title. Retzke (13-1-1) is the former IBF light middleweight champion and looks to gain the vacant IBO welterweight title this December.
Also on the card, Marianne Marston defeated Melinda Zsiga by TKO round 1.
In other boxing action:
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Florencia Roxana Canteros gained the vacant Argentina (FAB) flyweight title with a unanimous decision win over Yessika Flavia Munoz. Also, Ruth Stephanie Aquino defeated Natali Elizabeth Ferreyra by unanimous decision.
- Delfine Persoon outpointed Irma Balijagic Adler in Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
- In Pueblo, Colorado, Chantel Cordova took the unanimous decision over Christina Fuentes
- Maria Guadalupe Guzman defeated Celia Roman by split decision in Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico
- In a trio of bouts in Ocotlan, Jalisco, Mexico, Susana Vazquez defeated Veronica Rodriguez by technical decision; Alma De la Cruz defeated Guadalupe Lopez by split decision; and Guadalupe Ocho defeated Mary Camacho by unanimous decision