In action on Thursday, Carina Damm defeated Yelka Torres by armbar in round 1 at Sparta 300 in Peru.
Also Thursday, Nikki Burleson defeated Rachel Vidal by majority decision in Oklahoma City, OK in boxing.
Holly Holm and Nikki Knudsen are ready for their showdown at LecgacyFC in Allen, TX Friday night.
Thursday, both made Holm (135.25) and Knudson (13425) made weight for their bantamweight encounter. Holm (4-0) looks to extend her win streak to five, while Knudson (2-1) is looking for the upset.
The match will air on AXS TV Friday night.
A new CFA featherweight champion will be crowned on Saturday as Fallon Fox will take on Ashlee Evans-Smith in the tournament finals in Miami, Florida. Fox (3-0) defeated Erika Newsome (KO) and Allanna Jones (unanimous decision) to get to the finals. Smith (1-0) defeated Tori Adams by unanimous decision to get in semi-finals, but with Peggy Morgan dropping out due to her being selected to be a part of “The Ultimate Fighter”, Smith got a bye into the finals.
The match will air Saturday on AXS TV.
Mexico’s Xtreme Kombat 21 has announced they will have an one night bantamweight tournament Saturday in Alvaro Obregon, Mexico. The semi-finals will see Flor Saenz taking on Irene Aldana, and Montserrat Alvarez facing Mayra Arce. The winners will fight in the main event for the 135 title
Ratings are in and “The Ultimate Fighter” had around 725,000 viewers, which was up from last week. The female bouts have been proven ratting-getters as all have been over 700,000 viewers, with the men not even making 650,000.
If you missed what was one of the best female bouts on TUF so far, you can get the 411 here, as well as video.
Two more matches have been added to DEEP JEWELS November 4th in Tokyo, Japan.
InvictaFC atomweight title challenger Naho Sugiyama will face Masako Yoshida, while Naomi Taniyama takes on pro debuter Tamaki Usui.
Sugiyama (8-3) was the former JEWELS 106 champion, having lost the belt to Seo Hee Ham in May. She was undefeated until she lost to former InvictaFC champ Jessica Penne earlier this year. She is hoping to snap a three fight losing streak.
Yoshida (17-18-5) is a ten year veteran of the sport and returned earlier this year after a three year hiatus. She revenly defeated Satomi Takano by armbar at DEEP JEWELS 1.
The pair of bouts joins the semi-finals of the DEEP-JEWELS strawweight tournament and the atomweight title match between champion Seo Hee Ham and Sadae Numata on the card.
DEEP MMA will have two female bouts on their upcoming cards:
- Satomi Takano will face Miyoko Kusaka at DEEP Impact “Rookies 3” in Toyama, Japan Nov. 17th.
- A week later on Nov. 24, Shizuka Sugiyama will face Ji Yun Kim at DEEP “Cage Impact 2013” in Tokyo, Japan.
Vale Tudo Japan has changed the result of the Jessica Aguilar versus Megumi Fujii match from a TKO to a technical majority decision for Jessica Aguilar..
Fresh off signing to the InvictaFC, Felice Herrig announced she is now a part of the Octagon Entertainment Group. The entertainment and sports marketing firm currently has Michael Phelps and Jimmy Johnson on their roster of clients. The hope is that this will open Herrig to cross over into TV and film.
Stacey Hayes was expected to fight Annalisa Bucci at Heat MMA 24 in London, England Saturday at featherweight, but Hayes came in 21 pounds overweight, so the fight has been scrapped. This was the second time in a row Hayes has come in heavy.
The Clare Balding show on BT Sports did a piece on Rosi Sexton ahead of her fight against Jessica Andrade at UFC Fight Night 30 on October 26 in Manchester, England. You can watch it here.
For those who want a look at the newest UFC signee Alexandra Albu training, you can watch video here.
On the podcast Sunday at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. eastern, we will talk to Kate Bloomfield, who looks to gain her second win when she faces Taren Pennell at Disorderly Conduct in Columbus, Neb.
Cage Warriors is expected to have 4-5 more female fights on their cards before the end of the year.
InvictaFC plans on doing 8-10 shows next year according to sources.
Nikki Knudson told us on the Wombat Sports podcast that someone didn’t make weight for the “Get into the House” matches for “The Ultimate Fighter”. The first alternate got the call to fill in the spot. Knudson was the second alternate and wasn’t used. No word on who didn’t make weight and who the “replacement” was.
In pro MMA action:
- In a pair of bouts at Floripa Fight in Brazil, Silvania “Leone” takes on Daiane Cristines, while Gisele Moreira faces Bianca Daimoni
- Sylwia Juśkiewicz takes on Weronika Zygmunt at Gala of Combat Sports 4 in Poland
- At Arnold Fighters in Madrid, Spain, Esther Cardenas battles Monica Gaitan (135)
- Juliana Lima faces Lilian Trolezi at Brazil Fight 7 in Minas Gerais, Brazil
Several amateur title bouts are happening this weekend:
- Shannon Culpepper faces Latrishia Breidenbach for the Sparta Combat League 125 title in Denver, CO
- Katie Howard defends her flyweight title against Emily Corso at Rumble at the Roseland 74 in Portland, OR
- At NCFL in Detroit, MI, Amanda Jean Rainville dukes it out with Kyna Sisson for the 115 title
- Deleaney Owens and Sarah Payant fight for the 115 title at WCFL – Tampa, FL
In other ammy action:
- At Dragon’s Tale MMA in Longview, TX, Kourtnie Goodman takes on Michelle Brunson
- Miki Rogers battles Megan Geraghty at AFC 1 in Biloxi, MS
- In Blackpool, England at ECC 1, Liana Tunmer faces Bryony Tyrell
Alejandra Marina Oliveras and Lely Luz Florez will battle for the vacant WBC light welterweight title in Santa Fe, Argentina. Oliveras (30-2-2) is the current WBO featherweight champion and won her past 11 fights. She knocked out Calixta Silgado this past April. Florez (14-5-1) is undefeated in her last four, and seeks her first major title.
In Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, Mariana Juarez looks to retain her WBC International super flyweight title against Buakaew Onesong. Juarez (37-7-3) won the title in a rematch to Riyo Togo in July via unanimous decision. Onesong (6-1-1) hasn’t lost since her debut, and is the current WBC Asian Boxing Council flyweight champion.
In other boxing action:
- Monserrat Alarcon faces Ana Victoria Polo in Polanco, Mexico
- In Worb, Switzerland Melanie Zwecker battles Zsofia Bedo (126)
- Vivian Fontana takes on Manuela Zulj in Regensburg, Bayern, Germany
- In Winnepeg, Canada, Jaime Ward dukes it out with Olivia Gerula (126)