To feed to demand for promote up and coming amateur fighters on the rise, we at Wombat Sports have created the “Amateur Hot List”; fighters who have solid records and are “buzzworthy”.
Here is the scale:
- Atomic: On the verge of being pro
- Blazing: Undefeated or only one loss and on a roll
- On Fire: Several wins and a social buzz
- Hot: Just won a fight and is being talked about
- Jessica Zomcik (145) (8-3) – Having defeated the previously unbeaten Bryanna Fissori, Zomcik is on a three fight win streak. She is set to take on Shannon Reid for the Tuff-n-uff featherweight title in November, but we don’t expect her to be amateur too much longer.
- Brittany Dugas (125) (7-0) – Finished all but one opponent. She is looking to turn pro and is a top prospect for Invicta.
- Rebecca Heintzman (115) (6-0) – With two submission wins and two decisions in 2012, Heintzman is going pro next week.
- Amber Lynn Orr (125) (6-1) – Hasn’t lost a fight since her debut, and is the current V3 Fights flyweight champ.
- Jennifer Lopez (115) (5-1) – Recently avenged her only loss to Roya Darvishian in August. Won the EFC strawweight title.
- Brenna Larkin (6-0) – The current Tuff-n-uff flyweight champion with five wins by unanimous decision.
- Vanessa Demopoulos (115) (4-0) – Has yet to lose and has taken some tough decisions.
- Katlyn Chookagian (135) (3-0) – Won all three of her fights via armbar. Her last two in the first round.
- Summer Bradshaw (145) (4-0) – KOed all but one opponent in her fights.
- Allison Ainley (155) (2-0) – Won against Septien Johnson in August.
- Mary Kate Hayes (145) (3-0) – Coming off a split decision win, she has two subs to her credit
- Kyra Batara (110) (3-1) – Current Tuff-n-uff 110 pound champion. Won the belt over Shasta McMurray in August.