Jessica Eye was successful in her UFC debut, getting the split decision win in what was an entertaining technical fight that could have went either way.
It was a match that pitted Eye’s speed versus Kaufman’s strength. Eye took the first round, while a majority of fans gave Kaufman the last round. The second saw Kaufman sustain more damage, but Kaufman was able to land stronger strikes. In the end, two judges scored it for Eye, who gets the upset against the #2 Unified ranked bantamweight.
Gonzalez and Casey exchanged strikes early, with Casey ultimately taking it to the ground. Casey transitioned from submission attempt to submission attempt and took round 1.
In round 2, Gonzalez got rocked by a Casey right hook, and Gonzalez took it to the ground. Casey was able to apply a tight triangle, but Gonzalez was able to fend it off and survive to the end of the round.
Gonzales gets the takedown in round three, and Casey tried for another triangle. Casey rolls to mount, but Gonzalez adjusts and gets a guard. Gonzalez tries for a triangle choke, then transitions to the belly down armbar for the tape at 4:43 of round 3.
Gonzalez becomes the first ever XFC women’s flyweight champion.
In a strawweight bout on the card, Heather Clark get the unanimous decision win over pro debuter Hannah Cifer.
In a welterweight fight at Dynasty Sports Combat in Columbus, NE, Taren Pennell defeated Kate Bloomfield by TKO round 1. Bloomfield was getting the best of Pennell on the feet to start, but Pennell was able to secure the takedown and went from side control to the mount. Pannell lands ground and pound, and the referee stops the contest.
In other pro action:
- At FCC 2 in Brazil, Bruna Vargas defeated Thaiane Souza by TKO round 2
- Carolina Karasek KOed Taila Santos at 1:10 round 1 at JVT Championship 5 in Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
- In China at Real Fight Championship 3, Sayaka Shioda submits Jin Tang by kneebar round 1
- At Lappeenranta Fight Night in Kuopio, Finland, Vuokko Katainen defeats Sylwia Juśkiewicz by unanimous decision. Ina an amateur bout, Suvi Salmimies defeated Maria Budantceva by unanimous decision.
- Gloria Castillo defeated Paloma Fabrykant by technical submission (armbar) at 0:53 round 1 Arrogant MMA in Santa Fe, Argentina