In action this morning in Guam, Patricia Vidonic defeated Mei Yamaguchi defeated by split decision at PXC.
An all female pro boxing card happened Wednesday in Tijuana, Mexico as 14 pugilists duked it out.
In the main event, champion Alicia Ashley defeated Zenny Sotomayor by TKO round 5 to retain her WBC super bantamweight title. Ashley (20-9) wins her 6th straight. Also on the card:
- Kenia Enriquez defeated Kareli Lopez by unanimous decision
- Maureen Shea defeated Lesly Morales by unanimous decision
- Brenda Flores defeated Guadalupe Bernal by TKO round 2
- Sandra Robles defeated Cristina Sarmiento by TKO (retirement) round 2
- Tania Enriquez def. Dulce Galaviz by KO round 1
- Carol Castro Madrid defeated Diana Gonzalez by majority decision
Also on Wednesday in Šturovo, Slovakia, Szandra Laj defeated Eva Pakozdi by unanimous decision in boxing.
England’s Sexton (13-3) is coming off a decision loss to Alexis Davis, and was on a three fight win streak before her UFC debut. Andrade (9-3) lost her UFC debut to Liz Carmouche. She had won eight of her last nine fights before she entered the UFC.
The fight will stream on the UFC’s Facebook page Saturday. Prelims start at 9 a.m. pst/noon est.
Kansas’s Ottawa University announced they will be creating a female wrestling team that will start in the 2014-2015 school year. They join fellow Kansas schools Benedictine College, Baker University, and Bethany College in adding women to their wrestling teams. Life University in Marietta, GA also announced they will add a team in 2014.
Women’s World of Boxing is seeking a grant to open a gym and is asking for your help.
Chase’s “Mission Main Street” gives money to businesses that help the community. Olympic boxing coach Teresa Scott trains girls and women exclusively at her gym in New York City and is looking to expand the program to bigger gym.
You can vote for WWB to get the grant here. Voting ends Nov. 15.
According to an article on AsianMMA.com, Japanese kickboxer and shoot boxer Rio Kamikaze announced this week she is retiring from fighting due to having Myeloma, a blood cancer. The cancer had spread to her femur, which will prevent her from fighting again. She is currently a college student and has had a notable fight with Ai Takahashi. She was an up and coming prospect who’s career ended too soon.
We wish Kamikaze the best in beating cancer.
Invicta’s off and on DJ Desiree Seaux is selling autographed pictures that will benefit the Mia Hayes Foundation and “It Ain’t Chemo”. You can message her on Facebook for details.
According to a source, Kerry Vera is expected to return to MMA in 2014. She wants to try to make a run in the UFC.
Fresh off their match at the ADCC Submission Grappling World Championships, both champion Michelle Tavares and runner-up Luanna Alzuguir have stated they will be training MMA and will have fights in early 2014. Both are looking at the bantamweight division and hoping to be signed to the UFC.
There has been a word of mouth campaign to get Holly Holm signed to the UFC. Dana White had mentioned a lot of people have been asking him to sign her. White admitted he hasn’t seen her fights, but he maybe interested after more research.
Pink Fights Brazil is planning their third all female event for November or December. They are currently looking for talent to fill the card.
Ashlee Evans-Smith is considering a jump down to bantamweight. She stated on Facebook she had only gained 5 pounds since her CFA title win over Fallon Fox.
Ashley Cummins told WMMA Jam Live this week that she is dropping to 105 for her next fight. She is consulting a nutritionist and her coaches to make the drop. Invicta is aware of the drop and will be match her at the new weight next year.
Michele Gutierrez and Rachael Cummins will battle it out at BAMMA USA in Commerce, CA Friday night, which will be streamed on GFL.tv for $15.
Gutierrez (3-4) is looking to snap a three fight win streak. Cummins (1-1) is looking to for her second pro win.
In other pro MMA bouts:
- At Brace for War 23 in Townsville, Australia, kickboxing champion Claire Fryer is looking for her forth win as she takes on Rachel Sheridan. This will stream on Epicentre.TV for &15.
- Alida Gray faces Soannia Tiem at 24/7 12: State of Emergency in Odessa, TX
- In Atlantic City, NJ at CFFC, Rebecca Heintzman battles Allison Haynes. This will stream on GFL.tv for $15.
- At Circuito Talent de MMA in Sao Paulo, Brazil, Livia Souza takes on Aline Sattelmayer
- Lynnell House and Shannon Ludlow will make their pro debuts at Provincial FC 1 in London, Ontario, Canada
- Mariah Prussia takes on Harleigh Davis at Max Fights in Fargo, ND
Warriors for Heroes MMA in St. Louis, MO will have three female fights Saturday. The event will benefit the Adam Muffler Memorial Foundation which helps soldiers with PTSD.
- Gina Begley vs. Hannah McNitt (125)
- Bobbie Beddard vs. Stephanie Alba (105)
- Liz Turpin Vs. Michelle Pearce (135)
No word on if the event will be streamed.
In other amateur MMA bouts
- Bryanna Fissori will face Autumn Norton for the NorCal Combat 135 Title in Orland, CA
- At Off the Chain MMA in Hot Springs, AR, Tori Lemons takes on Courtney Whitley. This will stream live on GFL.tv for $15.
- In Carthage, MO at Krystal McGuire battles Blair Patton for the Blackout FC flyweight title. This will stream on GFL.tv for $15.
- At XFO in Rockford, IL, Terri Worley faces Tina Gomez
- Vanessa Michaud Belzile take on Émilie Ferland at Xtreme Fight Club in Cabano, Quebec, Canada
- Jianna Denizard and Venessa Grimes battle at SPAMMA 7 in Lubbock, Texas
- At Thunderbird Fight Night in Norman, OK, Kristina Williams battles Yuri Medina
Saturday In Toluca, México, Ibeth Zamora Silva will defend her WBC light flyweight title against Ava Knight. Silva (18-5) is on a three fight win streak and won the title back in January. She defended the title in June, getting a TKO over Maricela Quintero.. Knight (12-1) is looking for her 4th pro boxing title and is on a seven fight unbeaten streak.
Jackie Trivilino and Lindsay Garbatt will battle for the vacant WIBA featherweight title in Albany, NY Friday. This is a rematch of July bout, which was a split draw. Since then, Garbatt has lost two straight.
In Salto, Uruguay, Marcela Eliana Acuna faces Halanna Dos Santos for the vacant WBO super bantamweight title. Acuna (39-6-1) is unbeaten in her last three fights, including a win in July over Melissa Hernandez. Dos Santos (14-5) lost via unanimous decision in July to WIBF/WBF/WBO champ Ramona Kuehne.
In other boxing bouts
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Fernanda Soledad Alegre faces. Maria Angelica Ruiz
- Jessica Nery Plata battles Anahi Torres Mexico City, Mexico
- In Temecula, CA Amaris Quintana takes on Sindy Amador
- Carolina Arias dukes it out with Maria del Refugio Jimenez Cruz in San Jose, Costa Rica
- In Hérault, France, Angelique Duchemin takes on Veronika Patrikova
- Elina Tissen faces Fleis Djendji in Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany