Seo Hee Ham successfully defend her DEEP-JEWELS 106 pound title this past weekend, getting a unanimous decision over #1 contender Sadae Numata in Tokyo.
It was Ham’s ground game that gave her the nod from the judges, with ground and pound and several submission attempts over the tough Numata. Ham improves to 12-5.
Also on the card, two tournament finalists were determined for the 115 tournament. Rising star and Invicta vet Mizuki Inoue improves to 7-1 with her win over veteran fighter Emi Fujino. In the other semi-final, Emi Tomimatsu defeated Mika Nagano, avenging a loss in their first outing. Inoue and Tomimatsu will face each other in February in the tournament finals.
In other matches on the card:
- Naho Sugiyama def. Masako Yoshida by unanimous decision
- Yukiko Seki def. Madoka Ebihara by unanimous decision
- Sachiko Fujimori def. Megumi Sugimoto by split decision
- Tamaki Usui def. Naomi Taniyama by unanimous decision
In other pro MMA bouts this weekend:
- At Shamrock FC in Kansas City, KS, Sharice Davids submitted Nadia Nixon by triangle choke round 1
- Monica Flores TKOed Maria Lopez in round 2 at STFC MMA in McAllen, TX
- In Kingston, WA at Caged Warrior Combat 9, Amy Davis submitted Thea Wolfe by armbar at 3:44 round 3
- Justine Kish defeated Tang Jin by unanimous decision at the WCK event in Las Vegas, NV
- At NCF 17 in Santa Catarina, Brazil, Ariane Lipski defeated Daiana Torquato by unanimous decision
Impact Fight League in Detroit, MI had three female bouts on their card this weekend.
In a featured bout, Rachael Smith defeated Lauren Foley by split decision. In a bantamweight title match, Natalie Madej defeated Carolyn Biskup by KO round 2. Katelyn Dykas took the flyweight title with her rear naked choke submission win over Angela Jennings in round 1.
In other ammy action:
- At CFFC in King of Prussia, PA, Katlyn Chookagian defeated Janice Meyer by unanimous decision
- Leanne Foster submitted Kirsten Allen by armbar round 1 to win the featherweight title at FCFF in Portland, OR
- In Bowling Green, Kentucky at Hardrock MMA, Raquel Brown defeated Rose Shanks-Smith by submission (rear naked choke) 2:10 round 1
Three female matches happened at Lion Fights in Las Vegas, NV this past Friday.
In the only televised bout, Tiffany Van Soest continued her dominace as she defeated Magali Foroni by TKO after Foroni’s corner threw in the towel.
In other matches, InvictaFC vet Kaiyana Rain lost a razor thin split decision to Miranda Cayabyab. In an amateur Muay Thai bout, Lauren Rosa defeated Victoria Beltran by decision.
In a trifecta of fights in Queretaro, Mexico:
- Jessica Gonzalez defeated Yazmin Rivas by split decision to win the interim WBC bantamweight title
- Irma Garcia retained her WBA bantamweight title over Magali Rodriguez by majority decision
- Maria Elena Villalobos defeated Alma De la Cruz by unanimous decision
In other boxing action:
- In a pair of bouts in Aguascalientes, Mexico, Victoria Cisneros defeated Paty Ramirez by TKO (retirement) round 5 to win the vacant WBC Silver welterweight title, and Karina Gallardo defeated Marisela Carrilo by unanimous decision.
- Victoria Noelia Bustos retained her IBF lightweight title, taking the unanimous decision over Roxana Beatriz Laborde in Santa Fe, Argentina
- Doubs, France had two bouts. Karine Rinaldo defeated Marina Sakharov by points to win the vacant France super bantamweight title, and Laetitia Arzalier defeated Amira Hamzaoui by TKO round 6
- Ana Arrazola retain her WBF light flyweight title by defeating Maria del Refugio Jimenez Cruz by unanimous decision in Guanajuato, Mexico
- In Mashantucket, Connecticut, Shelly Vincent defeated Alisah McPhee by TKO round 4
- Carolina Rodriguez TKOed Natalia Vanesa Lopez in round 5 in Puente Alto, Chile
- In Cerete, Colombia, Francia Elena Bravo got the unanimous decision over Claudia Munoz
- Ana Julaton defeated Perla Hernandez by unanimous decision in Yucatán, Mexico