Juliana Pena has advanced to The Ultimate Fighter finals with her win over Sarah Moras in the semi-finals, which aired Wednesday on Fox Sports 1. Pena was able to get the guillotine choke over Moras in the second round to revenge a loss in their first outing a year ago.
The last semi-final will air in two weeks with Jessica Rakcozy facing Raquel Pennington.
In action this past week:
- On Wednesday at AFC 103 in Anchorage, AK, Gabby Clark submitted Kyleen Davis by arm triangle in round 1
- Marion Reneau defeated Leslie Rodriguez by TKO 1:24 round 1 at Tachi Palace Fights in Lemoore, California Thursday night. You can watch the video here (26 min. in).
- On Monday in West-Vlaanderen, Belgium, Delfine Persoon defeated Eva Halasi by TKO round 3
- In a pair of bouts in Tokyo, Japan Thursday, Naoko Shibata won the vacant IBF light flyweight title by defeating Alondra Garcia by unanimous decision and Momo Koseki defeated Nora Cardoza by unanimous decision
Miesha Tate beat out Ronda Rousey in the first round of voting for the EA Sports UFC 2014 video game cover voting. Tate is taking on Alexander Gustafsson in the second round of voting. You can vote here.
Second round of voting ends November 17.
MMACanada.net has a poll for your favorite female Canadian female fighter. Among the nominees are Sarah Kaufman, Alexis Davis, Sarah Moras, Julia Budd, and Charmaine Tweet.
You can vote here (look right side middle of the page).
The Florida MMA Awards are also looking fans to vote for their favorite fighter. Among the nominees are Ashlee Evans-Smith, Tecia Torres, Amanda Nunes, and Jessica Aguilar.
On the podcast Sunday at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. est, we will have pro strawweight Amber Stautzenberger, who will be facing Lacey Schuckman at XKO in a few weeks.
Miesha Tate is training in Vegas at the moment for her upcoming battle with UFC champ Ronda Rousey. She was at Syndicate MMA this week to spare with Team Tate member Roxanne Modafferi and XFC fighter Heather Clark.
Tate is now over at Xtreme Couture, training with InvictaFC flyweight title challenger Leslie Smith and European fighter Cindy Dandois. Dandois (5-1) is a judoka out of Belguim and has a notable win over Marloes Coenen.
Hook’n’Shoot founder Jeffery Osbourne is currently scouting female international amateur fighters in Brazil and Asia for a TV show that will air on MTV Asia.
Three fights will be featured on the FWC 16 in Nerang, Australia. In the main event Jess Rose vs Kyra Purcell (145)
- Claire Fryer vs Melanie Malone (115)
- Kanani Mangakahia vs Belinda Sedgwick (145)
You can watch all the fight for $9.50 US by going to Epicentre.tv.
In other pro action:
- At KOTC in Cold Lake, Alberta, Canada, Lynnell House faces Sarah Mcrann
- Chris Stanley takes on Rebecca Jones at XFS: Feast or Famine in Valley Center, CA
- In Lansing, Michigan at Total Warrior Combat, Jen Aniano battles Christina Daniels
- In a pair of bouts Contender Fight Woman in Spain, Karla Benitez faces Rita Marreno, and Esther Cardenas battles Minerva Montero
South Africa continues to grow it’s women’s divisions with a pair of bouts on the Fightstar MMA card in Bez Valley, South Africa.
- Natasha Elliott vs. Danella Eliasov
- Santa-Marié Venter vs.. Iris Rodrigues
Tri-City Thunder in Elizabethtown, TN will see a pair of bouts. TCT champs Ashley Lane and Ashley Hancock will fight in a title for title match in the main event, while Hope Halava will face Laura Byrnes.
In other ammy MMA action:
- At Arena Fighting Championships in Tampa, Florida, Cheyanne Vlismas battles Lisa Anistario
- JJ Aldrich faces Rachel Ostovich for the Destiny MMA flyweight title in Hawaii
- In Sullivan, Indiana at GE Fights, Shakia Hughes faces Taylor Brown
- At Fight Lab in Charlotte, NC, Andy Nguyen takes on Aracley Valenzuela
Jennifer Salinas will face Yolis Marrugo Franco for the vacant WBF super bantamweight title in Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia Saturday. Salinas (14-3) has won three straight and is looking for her first world title. Franco (15-8-3) is the former WIBA super featherweight champion and is looking for her third straight win and her second world title.
In Barnaul, Russia, Svetlana Kulakova will look to defend her interim WBA light welterweight title when she faces Florence Muthoni. Kulakova (8-0) won the title in August and has yet to taste defeat. Muthoni (8-2-1) has come back from two losses to winning eight straight fights. In her last bout, she drew to Jennifer Retzke in a IBO title bout.
Three bouts are set for Queens, New York Friday with a heavyweight title bout. Sonya Lamonakis will take on Gwendolyn O’Neil for the vacant USA New York State heavyweight title. In other bouts on the card, Eileen Olszewski faces Natalie Roy, and Jennifer Santiago dukes it out with Peggy Maerz.
In other boxing action:
- In San Miguel, Argentina, Cecilia Sofia Mena faces Paula Andrea Morales for the vacant Argentina (FAB) featherweight title
- Soledad Capriolo takes on Lizbeth Crespo in Cordoba, Argentina
- Down the road in Neuquen, Argentina Mayra Alejandra Gomez battles Cristina Pacheco
- Klara Svensson dukes it out with Borislava Goranova in Albertslund, Denmark
- In Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany, Jessica Balogun faces Daniela David
- Lauryn Eagle battles Daniella Smith in Hamilton, New Zealand
- In Bialystok, Poland, Sylwia Giedzwidz dukes it out Anastasiya Mazets
- In a pair of bouts in Podolsk, Russia, Ekaterina Izotova faces Anna Poskrebysheva and Yulia Berezikova takes on Nadezhda Khaenok
- Katharlina Loeffer battles Fatuma Namugerwa in Lugogo, Uganda
- Saretha Bonner dukes it out with Latashia Burton in Meridian, Mississippi