Like her best friend Ronda Rousey, Marina Shafir has become the Tuff-n-uff 145 pound champion.
Shafir (4-0) was able to submit Tabby Patteron in only 59 seconds to win the title in the main event of the card. Unlike her previous wins by armbar, it was a standing arm triangle choke that got her the win.
The co-main event featured the finals of Tuff-n-uff featherweight tournament. Jessica Zomcik took the crown by defeating Shannon Reid in round 2. A match between Shafir and Zomchik looks to be in the works.
Kyra Batara earned the atomweight belt by getting a unanimous decision over last minute replacement Cheyanne Vlismas in the featured match on the card.
In other Ammy action:
- At the Pittsburgh Challenge Series in Canonsburg, PA, Annie Descresente defeated Jaime Lardo by unanimous decision
- Sophie Blais defeated Karine Villeneuve by unanimous decision at Hybrid Fighting in Gatineau, Quebec, Canada
Christina Nicole Tatnell gains her second win by getting a first round TKO over Amy Adam at Valor 6 in Devonport, Tasmania. The strawweight fighter has rebounded from a loss to Bec Hyatt in the beginning of her career.
In pro MMA across the planet:
- In a pair of fights at Extreme Fighting Combate in Santa Tecla, El Salvador, Edith Velasquez defeated Idalia Ardon and Lorena Hidalgo defeadted Yolanda Ariasby, bith by split decision
- Chelsea Bailey submitted Juliana Costa by armbar round 2 and Emanuela Ferreira defeated Valéria da Silva by unanimous decision at HCC in Brazil
- At Peru Fights, Priscila de Souza submitted Christina Mejia by armbar 4:20 of round 1
- Carina Damm defeated Daiane Firmino by unanimous decision at STF 2 – Sao Paulo, Brazil
Two title matches happened in Coacalco, México this past Saturday.
Zulina Munoz retained her WBC super flyweight title when the referee disqualified Marisa Johanna Portillo for too much holding. The referee warned Portillo three times during the fight and stopped it in round 8.
Janeth Perez won the vacant IBF female bantamweight title with her Galina Koleva Ivanova by split decision to win the
A new WBF featherweight champion was crowned in Cergy-Pontoise, Val-d’Oise, France. Gaelle Amand took the unanimous decision Irma Balijagic Adler to win the vacant title. Amand improves to 11-0.
In other boxing action:
- WBC Youth female light flyweight champ Jessica Nery Plata retained her title by unanimous decision over Alejandra Lopez Mexico City, Mexico
- In Indre-et-Loire, France, Myriam Lamare defeated Loli Munoz by points
- Chris Namus KOed Roxana Beatriz Laborde at 0:54 round 4 in Buenos Aires, Argentina
- In Grozny, Russia, Nikki Adler defeated Zane Brige by unanimous decision
- In a pair of bouts in Sinaloa, Mexico, Maria Gastelum defeated Guadalupe Bernal by unanimous decision and Kareli Lopez draws with Marlen Sandoval