Milena Dudieva is out of her UFC debut against Valerie Latourneau, and Elizabeth Phillips has been tapped to fill the spot.
Phillips (4-1) is a training partner of TUF 18 winner Julianna Pena. With her debut a loss to InvictaFC star Miriam Nakamoto, Phillips went on a four fight win streak including three finishes. She defeated Katie Howard last month by decision.
Letourneau (5-3) lost to Roxanne Modafferi in a “get in the house” fight on TUF 18. Since then she got a 34 second TKO win over Jordan Moore a few weeks ago. She is currently training at American Top Team with InvictaFC’s Ediane Gomes, and TUF 20 participant Tecia Torres.
The match will take place at at UFC 174 June 14 in Vancouver, Canada, will be a part of the televised prelims on Fox Sports 1.
UFC Tonight reported this week Cat Zingano will look to make her return to the UFC in September against Amanda Nunes at a yet to be announce event.
The XFC is going to announce their US plans Friday night. The promotion has been on hiatus since last fall when they lost their TV deal with AXS TV. XFC President John Prisco also stated Pearl Gonzalez will be defending her flyweight title in the fall.
Got some interest in the current stats so far this year. In the pro ranks there has been 211 matches since the end of May with 39 more to go in June. Armbars (25) are leading the submissions. There were only 5 pure KOs this year so far, all of them by Brazilians.
We are asking amateur fighters to please check out our results page here and check to see if we are missing fights. As much as we try, sometimes promoters don’t get results to the major databases.
Goddesses of War will hold an all female amateur card June 14th in Port Richey, FL. The seven fight card will feature a two key featherweight matches as Allison Ainley take on Hannah Fitzpatrick and Mary Kate Hayes battles Amber Rodriguez.
In other bouts:
- Robin Wissman vs. Shalyn Cook (135)
- Desiree Wilson vs. Victoria Fernandez (135)
- Nikki Berry vs. Carla Thomas (200)
- Gillian Robertson vs. Kristi Vorce (115)
- Tanya Greenlee vs. Amy Sica (155)
No word on if the event will be streamed.
Roshambo Pinweight (100 lbs) champ Shauna Carew will be defending her title against a yet to be named opponent July 26 in Australia.
Brazil’s Aspera Fighting Championship is planning a one night grand prix for strawweight and flyweight fighters for September. The promotion is looking for fighters from southern Brazil for the event. More info can be found on their facebook page.
OneFC has signed Russian kickboxer and Wushu champion Irina Mazepa. No word on when she will debut with the promotion, but she will fight at flyweight.
Finnish fighter Eeva Siiskonen, who has been out with a knee injury, will return to the cage at Carelia Fight 10 in Finland on September 6. Her opponent is to be announced.
We will be doing two podcasts this weekend.
The first will be a special Saturday night edition at 9 p.m. pst/Midnight eastern as we’ll will talk to Australian fighter Tammy Taylor about her upcoming fight at Valor MMA. You can listen live here Saturday.
The second will be at our usual time Sunday at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. est. We will be doing a round-table to discuss the InvictaFC-UFC Fight Pass Deal. You can listen live here.
With only three weeks until TUF 20 starts taping, people were asking about our running list of possibles for the open eight slots. Taking away fighters flat out saying they are out, fighters with less than three fights, those with losing records, and certain fighters taking fights since tryouts, here is our current list. The bold one we are wagering are in due to record and resume.
- Nina Ansaroff
- Heather Jo Clark
- Aisling Daly
- Lisa Ellis
- Justine Kish
- Jessica Penne
- Kathina Catron
- Claire Fryer
- Paulina Granados
- Helen Harper
- Angela Magana
- Randa Markos
- Michelle Ould
- Diana Rael
- Tessa Simpson
- Jocelyn Lybarger
Remember also there are two alternate spots up for grabs. When taping starts, we are expecting a lot of social media to accounts to go quiet since the fighters will be in isolation for six weeks. By process of elimination we should get an accurate list.
There is some speculation that Alexis Dufresne may not be able to make weight for her upcoming fight with Sarah Moras. Set at 135 pounds for July 6th, this past weekend she weighed in at 163 at the BJJ World Championships.
Rosi Sexton returns to flyweight and her home promotion of Cage Warriors Saturday against an up and coming star in Joanne Jedrzejczyk. Both Sexton (125.1lbs) and Jedrzejczyk (122.9lbs) made weight.
Sexton (13-4) is coming off back to back decision losses in the UFC before she was dropped by the company. In her 12 year career, she was only defeated once at flyweight.
Poland’s Jedrzejczyk (5-0) is currently signed to Invicta and has yet to take defeat. Currently ranked at #5 in the Unified rankings, a win could give her a title shot in either Cage Warriors or Invicta.
Also on the card, Amanda Kelly (132.9lbs) and Kerry Hughes (133.6lbs) look to get back on the winning track after their first losses at Cage Warriors.
The XFC will crown it’s first International tournament champs in Sao Paulo, Brazil Saturday.
In the 115 pound tournament, Vanessa Guimaraes will face Gloria Bravo. Guimaraes (3-2) defeated Marcela Yineris in the semi-finals. Bravo lost to Vanessa Melo in semi-finals, but Melo had to pull out of the finals due to injury.
The flyweight finals see Mayerlin Rivas battle Silvana Juarez. Venezuelan Rivas (1-0) defeated Daiana Torquato in her semi-final, while Argentinian Juarez (3-0) defeated Bianca Daimoni.
This will stream for free on XFCMMA.com Saturday night.
In other pro bouts:
- At RFA in Culver City, California, Kyra Batara takes on Rosa Acevedo
- Andria Wawro battles Jessy Miele at Reality Fighting in Uncasville, CT. This will stream on GoFightLive.tv for $15 Friday night.
- In a pair of bouts at Beatdown MMA in New Town, ND, Amber Stautzenberger faces Sarah Schneider and Delaney Owen fights Shannon Gunville
- At Shamrock FC in St. Louis, MO, Christianna Daniels takes on Nikki Smith. In an amateur bout Rachel Stockholm battles Lisa Dale.
- In a pair of bouts at Bitetti Combat in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Viviane Sucuri fights Pollyanna Botelho and Ilara Joanne faces Yelka Torres
- Polyana Viana takes on Deborah Ribeiro at Talento Uruara Fight in Brazil
- Also in Brazil at Barracão Fight Championship Jaquelline Santana battles Jessica Suelem
Tuff-n-uff will have their 20th anniversary card in Las Vegas, NV on Saturday with three female bouts.
In the finals of the strawweight tournament, Molly Wren-Holmes will face Jamie Moyle, with the winner getting an InvictaFC contract.
In two other bouts:
- Kari Lichtenwalner takes on Liz Tracey
- Cheyanne Vlismas battles Jianna Denizard
The fights won’t be stream, but the video is expect to be post a day or two after.
In other amateur bouts:
- At Driven MMA in Ohio, Nichole Usko takes on Kayla Varney. This will stream on GFL.tv for $13.
- Cassandra Durant faces Hannah Grable at Heavy Hands in Utica, New York
- In a pair of bouts at Clan Wars in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Stephanie Quaile battles Fionnuala Malone and Leah McCourt fights Sarah Scott (155)
- Abbey Frazier takes on Abetabet Ramirez at BlackoutFC in Fort Scott, Kansas
WBO, WBC, and WBA welterweight champion Cecilia Braekhus looks to continue her undefeated run by taking on Jessica Balogun in Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany. This will be a rematch of their 2012 fight.
Braekhus (24-0) has faced a who’s who of the division including Chevelle Hallback, Mia St. John, and Anne Sophie Mathis.
Balogun (24-3) has yet to be finished and has 12 KOs to her credit.
In other pro boxing bouts:
- In Tlaxcala, Mexico Ivoon Rosas and Alejandra Lopez will battle for for the vacant NABF female minimumweight title. Also on the card, Sandra Zamora dukes it out with Sandra Jimenez
- Momoko Kanda will fight Nongnun Mor Krungthepthonburi for the vacant WBC Asian Boxing Council minimumweight title, and Ana Pitao faces Naome Tacda in Manila, Philippines
- In Pas-de-Calais, France, Amelie Blary takes on Mila Nicolic
- Bintou Schmill battles Klaudia Vigh in Niedersachsen, Germany