Joanna Jedrzejczyk got the biggest win of her career at Cage Warriors Saturday as she KOed veteran Rosi Sexton.
Jedrzejczyk (6-0) outstruck Sexton, dropping her towards the end of round 1. Sexton survived, and tried to take it to the ground in round 2, eventually taking half guard. Jedrzejczyk was able to stall and get it back to the feet. With a sharp right hook, Jedrzejczyk knocked Sexton into semi-unconsciousness and the ref stopped the contest in round 2.
The #5 Unified flyweight, who is currently signed with Invicta, cements herself as a possible title challenger to champion Barb Honchak. Word is, however, she may drop to 115.
In the other bout on the card, Kerry Hughes battled Amanda Kelly is a war on the feet. Hughes’s right hands made the difference as she was able to get the TKO in round 2.
Silvana Juarez has had the comeback of the year so far, coming from losing two rounds to get the submission win over Mayerlin Rivas in round 3 to win the XFC International flyweight tournament crown.
Rivas’s striking kept Juarez at bay and eventually opened up her up. The doctors let the fight continue, and as Rivas continued to battle in guard, Juarez was able to secure a tight armbar to get the tap.
Juarez stays undefeated at 4-0. You can watch the finish here.
The strawweight tournament final between Vanessa Guimarães and Gloria Bravo was cancelled when Bravo passed out backstage.
In other pro bouts:
- At RFA in Culver City, California, Rosa Acevedo defeated Kyra Batara by unanimous decision
- Andria Wawro submitted Jessy Miele by rear naked choke in 20 seconds at Reality Fighting in Uncasville, CT
- In a pair of bouts at Beatdown MMA in New Town, ND, Sarah Schneider defeated Amber Stautzenberger by unanimous decision and Delaney Owen submitted Shannon Gunville by armbar round 1
- Polyana Viana defeated Deborah Ribeiro by TKO round 1 at Talento Uruara Fight in Brazil
- In two bouts at Bitetti Combat in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Viviane Sucuri defeated Pollyanna Botelho by unanimous decision and Ilara Joanne defeated Yelka Torres by TKO round 1
- At Shamrock FC in St. Louis, MO, Nikki Smith submitted Christianna Daniels by rear naked choke in 4:53 round 1. In an amateur bout, Rachel Stockman def. Alicia Guest by TKO round 1
Jamie Moyle is the newest member of the InvictaFC roster.
Moyle defeated Molly Wren-Holms in the Tuff-n-uff strawweight tournament finals to earn the contract Saturday night at the promotion’s 20th anniversary event.
Moyle continued to move forward and try for takedowns throughout the fight, while Holms was defending most of the contest. Moyle got a few takedowns in round one, but Holms was able to block in the later rounds. In the end, Moyle took the unanimous decision win.
In other matches on the card, Liz Tracey submitted Kari Lichtenwalner by rear naked choke at 1:09 of round 1 and Jianna Denizard defeated Cheyanne Vlismas by unanimous decision (115)
In other amateur MMA bouts:
- In a pair of bouts at Clan Wars in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Stephanie Quaile defeated Fionnuala Malone by TKO round 1 and Leah McCourt submitted Sarah Scott by armbar round 1
- Yessie Ramirez defeated Abbey Frazier by unanimous decision at BlackoutFC in Fort Scott, Kansas
- At Fusion Fight League in Billing, MT, Sonya Wilson defeated Kristina Buford by TKO round 1
Cecilia Braekhus has won her 25th straight bout and remains undefeated as she gets the unanimous decision over Jessica Balogun to retain the WBO/WBC/WBA welterweight title in Schwerin, Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Germany.
Braekhus stated after the fight she wants Ivana Habazin next so she can gain the IBF crown and sweep the table.
An all female boxing card happened in Eastern Cape, South Africa Saturday.
In the main event Noni Tenge (14-1) defeated Oxandia Castillo by majority decision to win the interim WBA welterweight title. The win could see Tenge face Braekus in the near future.
Also on the card:
- Nozwelethu Mathontsi def. Lisbeth Sivhaga by points to win the vacant South Africa female light flyweight title
- Nwabisa Mbopa def. Rita Mrwebi by split decision to win the vacant South Africa female super middleweight title
In others boxing matches:
- In Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, France, Karine Rinaldo defeated Marianna Gulyas by TKO round 1 to win the vacant EBU female super bantamweight title
- In two matches in Manila, Philippines, Momoko Kanda defeated Nongnun Mor Krungthepthonburi by unanimous decision to win the vacant WBC Asian Boxing Council minimumweight title and Naome Tacda defeated Ana Pitao by TKO round 1
- Yarley Cuadrado defeated Celia Ramos by unanimous decision in Monteria, Colombia
- In Pas-de-Calais, France Amelie Blary defeated Mila Nicolic by TKO (retirement) round 1
- Bintou Schmill defeated Klaudia Vigh by TKO round 3 in Niedersachsen, Germany
- In Bangkok, Thailand, Anrey Onesongchaigym KOed Irada Sithsornram in round 3