Valerie Latourneau and Elizabeth Phillips made the most of their UFC debuts this past Saturday, with Latourneau taking the split decision win.
Latourneau (6-3) was taking punishment to the left eye in the first round, with Phillips continuing to target the injury. Latourneau was able to land a head kick and a quick flurry before the round ended.
With more technical striking, Latourneau would regain momentum and would win the striking battle in rounds 2 and 3.
In the end, 2 of the three judges gave the fight to Latourneau, handing Phillips her second pro loss.
DEEP-JEWELS vet Celine Haga has made a successful US debut with a first round armbar submission win over Natasha Creger at Global Knockouts in Jackson, CA.
Haga (6-12) continues her historic comeback run as she has now won 5 of her last six fights .
In other pro MMA action:
- At OneFC in Jakarta, Indonesia, Desi Rahayu defeated Ella Tang by unanimous decision
- Jessy Rose-Clark defeated Kate Da Silva by TKO round 2 at XFC Australia in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
- In Sarnia, Canada at the Pro Fighting Series 3 Bobbi-Jo Dalziel got the TKO over Tamikka Brents at 0:42 of round 3
- Natalie Roy got the TKO over Brittany Horton by TKO in round 1 at Triple A MMA in Castle Rock, CO
- At Irongirl MMA in Brazil, Elaine Albuquerque defeated Carina Damm by unanimous decision
- In a pair of bouts at Strong Fight Combat in Brazil, Fernanda Silva defeated Renata Santos by unanimous decision and Graziele Ricotta KOed Carolina Raposo in round 1
- Karine Silva go the TKO over Dayse Nascimento in round 1 at Aspera FC in Brazil
Goddess of War made it’s debut in Port Richey, FL with seven female MMA bouts. In the main event, Allison Ainley defeated Hannah Fitzpatrick by unanimous decision.
In other action on the card:
- Mary Kate Hayes def. Amber Rodriguez by TKO (doctor’s stoppage) 3:00 round 2 (145)
- Robin Wissman def. Shalyn Cook by TKO 2:41 round 2 (135)
- Victoria Fernandez def. Desiree Wilson by submission (guillotine) 2:09 round 1 (135)
- Nikki Berry def. Carla Thomas by submission (rear naked choke) 1:51 round 3 (200)
- Gillian Robertson def. Kristi Vorce by submission (armbar) 2:37 round 1 (115)
- Amy Sica def. Tanya Greenlee by unanimous decision (150)
In other amateur MMA matches:
- At Gladiators of the Cage in Pittsburgh, PA, Melissa Gasdick submitted Rikki Shutsa by north south choke at 1:33 of round 1
- McKell Shurtliff submitted Annalie Mendoza by guillotine round 1 at the Clash in North Logan, UT
- At Volunteer Brawl in Knoxville, TN, Evva Johnson submitted Amy Coleman by rear naked choke of round 2
- Venessa Grimes got the TKO over Paxton Nettles in 35 seconds at AFC in Biloxi, Mississippi
- At Dynasty Combat Sports in Nebraska City, Nebraska, Casi Jo Lee defeated Tara Nelson by unanimous decision
- Bior Guigni defeated Ashley Jane by unanimous decision at ECFC 1 in Lowell, Massachusetts
In boxing action this weekend:
- In a pair of bouts in Tampa, Florida, Chevelle Hallback KOed Dominga Olivo in round 2 and Noemi Bosques defeated Elizabeth Anderson by majority decision
- Heather Hardy defeated Jackie Trivilino by technical decision in Brooklyn, New York
- In Tlalnepantla, México, Ana Arrazola defeated Anely Hernandez by points
- Sheena Kaine defeated Lynell House by unanimous decision in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- In Saint Joseph, Missouri, Ashleigh Curry defeated Melisenda Perez by points
- Betina Gabriela Garino defeated Silvia Fernanda Zacarias by majority decision in Buenos Aires, Argentina