Jessica Aguilar has successfully retained her WSOF 115 title but faced one of her toughest opponents to day.
Aguilar’s striking proved to be the defining factor in the fight, almost finishing her opponent Emi Fujino twice. Fujino may have been down in the cards, but would not quit even after being bloodied and almost choked out in a head and arm choke. Aguilar took the decision 50-44, but Fujino continues her streak – never being finished in a fight.
Aguilar extends her win streak to 9, taking home $35,000 (includes a $17,500 win bonus).
On the preliminary card, Ashlee Evans-Smith came back from being down two rounds to defeat Marciea Allen in what was both fighters promotional debut.
Both were tentative in the first 2 rounds with Allen using punching combos to gain the striking advantage. Smith stepped up her game in round 3, getting the takedown and using a crucifix to pound out a victory at 3:01.
Smith remains undefeated as a pro, improving to 3-0.
In other pro matches:
- At Shogun Fights in Baltimore, MD, Kirstin Murphy defeated Allanna Jones by TKO (doctor’s stoppage) 5:00 round 2
- Izabela Badurek submitted Marzena Horoszko by rear naked choke at 1:48 of round 1 at Thunderstrike Fight League in Lublin, Poland
In Ammy MMA action this past weekend:
- At LegacyFC in Bossier City, LA, Andrea Lee defeated Valerie Aspaas by unanimous decision
- Amberlynn Orr submitted Auttumn Norton by triangle choke round 2 at V3 Fights in Memphis, TN
- At Belts of Honorious in Austin, Texas, Roxanne Ceasear defeated Fatima Mallett by unanimous decision
A pair of title matches happened in Vienna, Austria Saturday. Eva Voraberger won the vacant WIBF and WBF super flyweight title, getting the unanimous decision over Nonggift Onesongchaigym. Voraberger improves to 18-3.
Oezlem Sahin def. Buangern Onesongchaigym by KO round 6 to win the vacant WIBF/African Boxing Union/GBU minimumweight titles. Sahin improves to 18-0.
Judith Rodriguez breaks a five fight losing streak and get the upset TKO win over champion Aniya Seki in round 2 to win the WBC Silver super flyweight title in Glattbrug, Switzerland. Rodriguez gives Seki her first loss in nine fights.
In other boxing action:
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Julieta Andrea Cardozo defeated Lilian Dolores Silva by unanimous decision
- Sara Lahaye KOed Anastasia Krupitskaja in round 1 in Marseille, Bouches-du-Rhône, France
- In Northbridge, Australia, Louisa Hawton KOed Wiilaiwan Namuanghchan in round 1
- Tania Enriquez defeated Diana Gonzalez by unanimous decision in Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico