DeAnna Bennett continues her undefeated streak with a rear naked choke win over Colleen Schneider in round 1 at Showdown Fights in Orem, UT. Bennett’s four fight run has put her #8 in the rankings and is the top flyweight not signed to a major promotion.
In an amateur contest on the card, Kaytlin Neil defeated Veta Arteaga by split decision.
In other pro bouts:
- At CES MMA in Lincoln, RI, Kaline Medeiros defeated Brigitte Narcise by unanimous decision
- Katlyn Chookagian defeated Rebecca Heintzman by unaimous decision at CFFC in Philadelphia, PA
In amateur MMA action:
- In a pair of bouts at Ring of Combat in North Bergen, New Jersey, Yasmin Almonte submitted Elizabeth Vansertima by armbar 2:50 round 1 and Jenna Serio submitted Lauren Braccia by armbar) round 1
- Tabitha Patterson defeated Autumn Lamle by split decision at Spartan Fighting Alliance in Osage City, Kansas
- At Battleground MMA in Tulsa, OK, Maegan Goodwin submitted Yuri Madina by armbar round 1
- In a pair of bouts at Cowboys Extreme Cage Fighting in San Antonio, Texas, Katherine Roy defeated Dominique Gonzales by submission round 1 and Stephanie Builderback defeated Kelsey Hundt by TKO at 2:45 of round 2
- At XFO in Rockford, Illinois, Rickie Gomes defeated Stacy Lutchman; Brittany Giddings defeated Chelsea Schaar; and Chi Sheibley defeated Terri Worley – all by TKO round 1.
- Rebecca Moore defeated Kim Russell by unanimous decision at Combat Zone in Salem, New Hampshire
- At ICF in Owensboro, Kentucky, Erica Fincher submitted Sereina Comstock by rear naked choke at 2:26 round 1
- Mallory Martin defeated Laura Dettman by unanimous decision at Spartan Combat League in Denver, CO
A pair of WBC title bouts happened in Hidalgo, Mexico.
Zulina Munoz got the TKO win over Renata Domsodi in round 6 to retain the WBC super flyweight title. Munoz extends her unbeaten streak to 29.
Yazmin Rivas gaianed the vacant WBC bantamweight title with an unanimous decision victory over Alesia Graf. Rivas improves to 30-8.
IBF featherweight champ Dahiana Santana gains a second division title, defeating Francia Elena Bravo by unanimous decision to win the interim WBA featherweight title in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Santana extends her win streak to 7.
Tori Nelson successfully defend her WIBA welterweight title for the third time, getting the unanimous decision over Nicole Woods in Baltimore, Maryland. She remains unbeaten.
In another match on the card, Tyrieshia Douglas defeated Christina Fuentes by unanimous decision.
In other boxing action:
- In Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico, Amaris Quintana defeated Susana Uribe by unanimous decision to win the vacant NABF female minimumweight title. Also on the card, Sandra Robles def. Zenny Sotomayor by unanimous decision.
- Jessica Nery Plata successfully defend her WBC Youth light flyweight title, getting the unanimous decision over Cristina Vargas by in Mexico City, Mexico. Also on the card, Sandra Hernandez defeated Fredee Gonzalez by unanimous decision
- In Tegucigalpa, Honduras, Jesica Espinal and Lisbeth Lopez fight to a draw
- Jennifer Han defeated Christina Ruiz by unanimous decision in El Paso, Texas