Joanna Jedrzejczyk made a huge impression in her strawweight debut in the UFC, gaining the unanimous decision win over InvictaFC vet Juliana Lima at UFC on Fox 12 in San Jose, CA.
Jedrzejczyk showed superior striking throughout the match, and even when she was taken down, it didn’t take long for the Polish sensation to escape and get it back to the feet.
All three judges scored it 30-27 for Jedrzejczyk, who stays undefeated at 7-0.
Marion Reneau gets her third straight first round win at RFA 16 in Denver, CO, submitting pro debuter Maureen Riordon.
Reneau (4-1) shower her world class jiu-jitsu early, with a takedown and rolling for knee bars. She would ultimately take side control, mount, and the armbar submission at 4:15 of round 1.
The win has made her a bantamweight ti be on the lookout for.
Three female bouts took place at Roshambo MMA in Chandler Australia:
- Shauna Carew successfully defender her pinweight (100 lbs) title with a first round rear naked choke over Ginny Connors
- Jessy Jess Rose wins her third staright and retains her 135 title against last minute replacement Rhiannon Thompson. The duo went five rounds with Rose getting the unanimous decision.
- Megan Anderson gets her first pro win, defeating Kerry Barrett by majority decision in a featherweight bout
In other pro bouts:
- At RoadFC in Gumi, South Korea, Hyo-Kyung Song defeated Hazuki Kimura by TKO 2:21 of round 2
- Holly Cline submitted Jordan Moore by arm triangle choke in 0:45 seconds at ECC in Halafax, Canada
In amateur MMA action:
- In a pair of outs at Fighters Source in New York, NY, Angela Hancock knocked out Susie Wyatt-Walters in eight seconds and Fernanda Araujo defeated Danielle Gallagher by TKO 2:20 round 1
- In a trio of bouts at NAFC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Kali Robbins defeated Shannon Goughary by unanimous decision, Kelli Richards def. Emily Rady by unanimous decision, and Jennifer D’Acquisto defeated Sheena Brandenburg by TKO 2:49 Round 1
- Jessica Middleton knocked out Tabby Patterson in 18 seconds and LeiLoni Stewart submitted Stephanie Hull by standing guillotine round 1 at Organized Chaos in Topeka, Kansas
- At Ignite MMA in Amarillo, Texas, Rachel Johnson defeated Kathy McCord by TKO in 24 seconds and Elisa Marrugo defeated Sanaz Khamisi by split decision
- Elizabeth Palacios submitted Brittany Robertson by armbar at 2:36 round 1 at the Legacy Amateur Series in Austin, TX
- At GFA in Alexandria, Louisiana, Lacie Jackson submitted Rena Pena by armbar round 1
- Ashley Nash defeated Krystal Ingram by unanimous decision at SHP in Irondale, Alabama
- At Blackout FC in Carthage, Missouri, Blair Patton submitted Melissa Shepard by guillotine 2:17 round 2
- Adriene Rainey defeated Joie Emerson by TKO round 2 at UCF in Crestview, FL
- In a pair of houts at Rise Of A Warrior in Ft. Pierce, FL, Ingrid Medrano defeated Gillian Robertson, and Jackie Abshire defeated Melinda Hill via TKO round 1
- Cat Silva defeated Hope Halava by TKO round 3 at Evolution Sports Combat in Elizabethtown, TN
- At Warrior Xtreme Cagefighting in Southagte, MI, Lauren Foley submitted Natelie Madej by armbar
Some controversy happened over the weekend as Christina Hammer and Anne Sophie Mathis battled for the vacant WBO and Hammer’s WBF light middleweight title in Dessau, Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany
Mathis had knocked down Hammer in round 3, and look to have possibly won the title, bu the referee announced that Mathis was disqualified to hits to the back of the head. After review, the WBO has declared it a no-contest on Monday.
The WBF sent a letter of their ruling and noted 3 judges were German (Hammer is from there), and Mathis was never during the match warned for holding or shots to the back of the head. The committee also thought the shots were perfectly legal. A rematch was also strongly recommended between the two at a neutral site.
In Epazoyucan, Hidalgo, Mexico, Anabel Ortiz successfully defended her WBA minimumweight title over Neisi Torres by TKO round 3. Unanswered left hooks to the body toward the ended the fight.
Also on the card, Katia Lopez and Mary Martinez fought to a draw.
In other boxing results:
- In Sao Paulo, Brazil, Aline de Cassia Scaranello defeated Natalia Falbo Donato by TKO (retirement) round 3 to win the vacant Brazilian super bantamweight title
- Carla Romina Weiss defeated Vanesa del Valle Calderon by unanimous decision in Maipú, Mendoza, Argentina
- In a trio of bouts in Alajuela, Costa Rica, Carolina Arias defeated Lorena Arias by unanimous decision, Celina Salazar defeated Maria Elena Villalobos by majority decision, and Yokasta Valle defeated Maria Guadalupe Atilano by unanimous decision
- In Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany, Alica Melina Kummer defeated Samia El Khaouat by TKO round 1
- Jesica Espinal defeated Fabiola Blas by TKO round 1 in Tegucigalpa, Honduras