X-1 World Events will be holding a card at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii September 26. Three female bouts have been announced featuring some familiar faces.
InvictaFC vet Raquel Pa’aluhi will look to even her record, taking on Tierra Arnold in what will be a featherweight bout. Pa’aluhi is coming off a win over Priscilla White last fall, having snapped a three fight losing streak. Arnold (2-1) is coming off her first loss and is looking to rebound.
InvictaFC signee Rachael Ostovich will try to recover from her first pro loss taking on Misha Nassiri. Ostovich (0-1) was undefeated as an amateur, while Nassiri (2-1) is coming off a loss to Kyra Batara.
In an amateur bout, Jada Pereira will take on Angela Lee.
The event is expected to stream on X1events.com.
Ham (13-5) went 7-1 in her past eight fights, having won the DEEP-JEWELS atomweight title last year. She is coming off a win over Shino VanHoose this past April.
Rassohyna (10-3) has won 8 of her ten wins by armbar. The strawweight will drop to atomweight for the bout after losing to InvictaFC title contender Katja Kankaanpaa. A win will gain Rassohyna a position in the atomweight rankings.
No word on if this will be streamed.
Finnish fighter and singing star Suvi Salmimies will look for her second pro win as she takes on Poland’s Roksana Prucnal at Lappeenranta Fight Night 11 September 20 in Kuopio, Finland.
Salmimies won her MMA debut this past May. while Prucnal is coming off her first loss in June.
The XFC has announced they will be doing a flyweight and strawweight tournament again this fall in Brazil.
Top strawweight Kalindra Faria has re-signed with the XFC and will participate the 115 tournament. Undefeated Hungarian Dora Perjes will be joining her along with fellow Brazilian Liana Pirosin.
The promotion also announced Finland’s Vuokko Katainen (2-1) will be a part of the flyweight tournament.
We are expecting more participant announcements in the coming weeks. The tournaments start next month.
The new TUF 20 teaser is out, and it features Rose Namajunas and Tecia Torres. Watch it here.
We will be doing a special podcast Tuesday at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. eastern talking to new XFC signee Calie Cutler about her second pro bout, a fight against Lindsay Garbatt in her native Michigan.
The TUF 20 fighters will be back on twitter Friday. They obviously can’t say a word of what happened during the show taping, but will be interesting to see their attitudes towards each other.
Scheduled Fight Results
Amanda Bell got the biggest win of her pro career getting a 37 second KO victory over Marina Shafir at Chaos At The Casino 5 in Inglewood, CA.
The InvictaFC vet caught Shafir with a stiff left hook and followed up with a flurry of rights which dropped Shafir. With the win, Bell goes 2-0 in 2014 and hands Sharfir her first ever loss. You can watch the fight here.
Muay Thai champion Jemyma Betrian made a successful MMA debut, taking only 47 seconds to knockout Hadley Griffith in a 120 catchweight bout. Betrian is someone to look out for in the strawweight division. You can watch the fight here.
Deep Jewels returned for its 5th card in Tokyo, Japan as a few InvictaFC vets took center stage.
Mizuki Inoue gained her first MMA title, submitting Emi Tomimatsu by armbar at 1:33 round 3 to win the 115 DEEP-JEWELS title.
Inoue (8-2) was slow to start, as Tomimatsu was aggressive and won the striking battle in round 1. In round 2, Inoue found her stride in the striking, using the clinch for knees and close quarter punches. Tomimatsu went for the takedown in round 3, Inoue was able to stuff it and took control on the ground, getting the armbar at 1:33.
The win gives Inoue interesting options as a contender for the InvictaFC strawweight title and a possible new signee for the UFC.
Ayaka Hamasaki made a successful move to atomweight in a dominate performance over former Invicta title challenger Naho Sugiyama. Hamasaki (10-1) had gotten a knockdown before taking it to the ground in round 1. Hamasaki got some ground and pound in a scarf hold before trapping Sugiyama’s arm behind her back and raining punches for the TKO win at 4:01. Hamasaki puts herself in title contention for the Invicta atomweight belt.
In other matches on the card:
- Yuko Oya def. Sachiko Fujimori by unanimous decision
- Mina Kurobe def. Masako Yoshida by unanimous decision
- Miyoko Kusaka def. Tamaki Usui by technical submission (armbar) 2:40 round 2
In other pro matches:
- At KOTC in Highland, CA, Danielle Taylor defeated Nikki Lowe by submission (armbar) round 1
- Maria Rios submitted Kate McGray by rear naked choke round 1 at NFA: Valley Invasion 4 in Wooden Hills, CA
- At Circuito de Lutas Fight Night in Brazil, Arielle Souza submitted Maristela Costa by armbar 1:30 round 1
- In a pair of bouts at Aspera FC 10 in Brazil, Janaisa Morandin defeated Mariana Oliveira by TKO round 1 and Claudia Rey KOed Natali Alves round 1
- At Curitiba Fight Pro 2 in Brazil, Roberta Paim defeated Liliam Lika by TKO 1:33 round 1 and in an amateur bout, Vitoria Ferreira defeated Karen Fernandes by TKO 1:30 round 3
- Chantalle Castellanos defeated Jeana Pinelli by unanimous decision at Dragon House 17 in San Francisco, CA
- At Desafio Kaeshi in Brazil, Laura Balin submitted Maria Val by armbar round 1
- Ingrid Medrano defeated Miki Rogers by unanimous decision at Kage Wars 009 in Biloxi, MS
- At Frajola Fight in Brazil, Marília Santos submitted Gina Naja by arm triangle choke in round 1
- Natalie Hills submitted Lizza Gebilagin by rear naked choke at 1:44 round 1 at Brace MMA in Cammeray, New South Wales, Australia
- At X-Fest 7 in Rio Grande del Sol, Brazil, Luana Souza submitted Kelly Katiussy by keylock round 2
- Elen Torres defeated Beatriz Souza by unanimous decision at Arena Nightmare in Brazil
In amateur MMA action:
- In a pair of fights at XFO in Island Lake, Illinois, Tina Gomez defeated Jamie Mahoney by unanimous decision and Leah Letson defeated Chi Sheibley by unanimous decision
- Courtney Kern submitted Christina Cherkes by armbar in 44 seconds at Gladiators of the Cage in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- At BlackoutFC in Emporia, Kansas, Abbey Frazier submitted Misty Perdue by rear naked choke round 1
- Cassie Schmeekle defeated Jessica Fletcher by TKO round 1 at ShoFights in Branson, Missouri
- At Fist of Fury in Woodward, Oklahoma, Lakesha Gardner defeated Bianca Rodriguez by unanimous decision
- Kelly Clayton defeated Karlie Fox by TKO round 1 at Yakiama MMA in Yakima, WA
In Santiago de Chile, Chile, Carolina Rodriguez successfully defended her IBF bantamweight title getting a split decision over Dayana Cordero. She breaks Cordero five fight unbeaten streak and continues her undefeated streak at 13-0.
In Queretaro, Mexico, Victoria Argueta defeated Alondra Garcia by split decision to retain her IBF minimumweight title. Arguneta is the former WBC Silver champion and has won 5 straight.
Also on the card, Esmeralda Moreno defeated Linda Contreras by unanimous decision and Isabel Millan defeated Selene Lopez by TKO round 4.
In Lazio, Italy EBU flyweight champion Simona Galassi defeated Laetitia Arzalier by unanimous decision. Galassi improves to 21-3-1. Also on the card Italian lightweight champion defeated Monica Gentili by unanimous decision.
In other boxing bouts:
- In a pair of bouts in Suwannakhet, Laos Nampetch Kwanjaisrikod defeated Kanda Por Muangpetch to win the vacant WBC Asian Boxing Council Continental light flyweight title, and Kanittha Kokietgym defeated Sroipetch Sithphosai by TKO round 4
- Ana Martinez defeated Estefani Casillas by unanimous decision in Mexico City, Mexico
- In Betania, Panama, Maria Milano defeated Iliana Bonilla by unanimous decision