In action Thursday at Circuito de Lutas Fight Night in Brazil, Arielle Souza submitted Graziele Ricotta by triangle choke 4:25 round 2.
We have been getting a lot of questions about TUF 18 finalist Jessica Rakoczy and we got some answers for you.
Shannon Reid talked to her this week and gave us an update. She is back in Hamilton, Canada with family and is still training. She is hoping to be back in the cage soon.
She relayed a message to her fans that she thanks them for their support.
The Ultimate Fighter 20 finale has a date and location officially.
It was announced the card would be December 12 at the Hard Rock Casino in Las Vegas. The main event will crown the first ever UFC strawweight champion. It won’t be an all female card as they just booked a male bout for the card.
It will air on Fox Sports 1.
Multi-time world BJJ champion Michelle Nicolini will make her U.S. MMA debut against InvictaFC vet Norma Rueda Center at Legacy FC 36 in Allen, TX October 17.
Nicolini (2-0) won the ADCC Submission grappling world championships as well as a seven time BJJ world champion. She has finished both of her MMA opponents by first round armbars.
Center (2-1) was a collegiate wrestler and currently trains at the legendary Jackson/Winkeljohn’s MMA in Albuquerque, NM. Going undefeated as an amateur, she lost a decision at InvictaFC 6 to TUF 20 competitor Joanne Calderwood.
The fight is expected to air on AXS TV October 17.
Angelica Chavez versus Natalie Roy will also be on the card.
Coming off a win over Ana Julaton, Ann Osman will return to action at OneFC’s card in Kuala Lumpur against Egypt’s Aya Saeid Saber.
Malaysia’s Osmond (1-1) got her first win in a close split decision with Julaton last month. She started with a split decision loss.
Saber (2-4) lost to Julaton in both fighter’s promotional debuts.
The fight will stream on OneFC.com October 17.
Super Fight League’s US debut will be in Tacoma, WA October 4 and will feature a veteran of the promotion.
SFL flyweight champion Colleen Schneider will face Marion Reneau in a non-title bantamweight bout. Schneider (5-5) went 3-0 for the India based promotion, defeating Sanja Sucevic for the title. She was on a four fight win streak before losing to DeAnna Bennett in June.
Reneau (4-1) has finished in all of her wins and is one of the hot prospects in the bantamweight division.
The card will stream for free on their youtube channel.
Danielle Taylor is looking for her 4th straight win taking on Maria Andaverde October 2nd at King of the Cage in Highland, CA.
Taylor (3-0) went 5-1 as an amateur and has two finishes as a pro. She has wins over Jillian Lybarger and Nikki Lowe.
Andaverde (1-2) is looking to even her pro record after going 4-4 as an amateur.
The match will be taped for broadcast at a later date.
Fightstar MMA out of South Africa will have a female bout on their October 25th card.
Namibia’s Iris Rodrigues, who is coming off a win over Santa-Marie Venter, will take on MMA debuter Shana Power.
Four amateur strawweight prospects will be in action on November 8 at Conflict MMA.
Alexa Conners (4-1) will face Alyssa Vasquez (6-3) and Andy Nguyen (6-10) will battle Charity Walker (4-2).
No word on if the card will be streamed.
World Series of Fighting champion Jessica Aguilar will be back in action November 15. No word yet on an opponent or a location. The match will air on NBC Sports Net.
For those interested, it will be Aguilar’s third fight on her four fight contract with the promotion. Aguilar has the option of leaving WSOF if she is still champion after her contract expires.
Spaniard Minerva Montero has inked a five fight deal with Cage Warriors.
Montero (1-1) is expected to drop to bantamweight for her promotional debut. No word on when that will be.
Japanese standout Satoko Shinashi will return after a six year absence to fight at DEEP October 26 in Tokyo.
Shinashi (29-2-2) has 20 wins by armbar and 23 submissions overall. She took some time off to have a family, but with a growing atomweight division, which is more of a natural weight class for her, it is expected she will make an immediate impact with a win.
MMA Super Heroes will crown an atomweight champion on their next card. More info about participants, location, and date coming soon.
The International MMA Federation announced they inked a three year deal with the Fight Network to air their annual amateur tournaments. Their first was this year happened during the UFC Expo in Vegas and will be the first to air on the network.
The tournaments bring talent from all over the world to help establish an universal amateur circuit and to help get MMA into the Olympics.
The awarding winning documentary “Glena” that followed Portland’s Glena Avila through the trials and tribulations of being a single mom and a MMA fighter will air on Showtime this month. It will air September 25 and will be available on demand September 26.
The UFC did a great feature on Cat Zingano ahead of her match with Amanda Nunes. You can watch it here.
MMA Somnia is running a contest giving away pairs of boon boxing gloves. You can enter here.
Word is Gina Carano wants to drop to 135 to fight Ronda Rousey.
Ronda Rousey told reporters in Brazil she wants to face Bethe Correia in Brazil. She also is leaning toward Cat Zingano as the next contender for her title, and wants to defend her title on the January 3 card in Vegas.
Japanese sensation Rin Nakai will make her UFC debut early Saturday morning ass she takes on fan favorite Miesha Tate in Tokyo, Japan. Both came in on weight for their battle.
Nakai (16-0-1) has wins over InvictaFC vets Tara LaRosa and Sarah D’alelio. She has six submissions to her credit and is trained in judo.
Tate (14-5) is coming off a win over Liz Carmouche earlier this year after back to back losses.
The fight will air on UFC Fight Pass starting at 12:30 a.m. pst/3:30 a.m. est on the the main card of the event. Follow us on twitter @WombatSports for updates.
In other pro bouts:
- At Combat Xtreme in Las Lunas, New Mexico, Angelica Chavez takes on Stephanie Skinner
- Jessy Miele battles Cassie Crisano at Premier FC 17 in Worcester, Massachusetts. In an amateur bout, Sarah Payant faces Sarah Click
- At Circuito Talent 13 in Campinas, Brazil, Livia Renata Souza fights Camila Pitbull
- Rachel Sazoff and Allison Haynes square off at PA Cage Fight 19 in Pennsylvania
- At KOTC in Rancho Cucamonga, CA, Leah Letson takes on Moriel Charneski
- Suvi Salmimies will faces Roksana Prucnal at Lappeenranta Fight Night in Kuopio, Finland. In amateur bouts, Tinja Lesonen battles Heli Siltala and Johanna Toivanen squares off with Inka Auvinen
- At the Hill Fighters 3 in Brazil, Elen Torres faces Chayani Mendes
- Evva Johnson battles Priscilla Brownfield at Hardrock MMA in Somerset, Kentucky. In amateur action, Gina Begley takes on Ashley Rickard
- At Prestige FC in Ft. McMurray, Canada, Sarah Mcrann battles Fairlynn Smallchild
- Jenna Serio squares off with Jill Valenzuela at Ring of Combat in Atlantic City, NJ
- At GFA Fights in Bossier City, Louisiana, Andrea Lee faces Kim Colbert. In an amteur bout, Candice Maricle battles Jessica Tidwell
- Michelle Platenik takes on Nayara Hemily, Fatality Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
In amateur action:
- At NAFC in Milwaukee, Wisconsin Jennifer D’Acquisto takes on Rashelle Cook
- Jessica McNeil faces Gemma Sheeman at Heroes Combat League in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- At AFL in Atlantic City, New Jersey Charmaine Rosario battles Jillian Mulderig
- Elizabeth Rodriguez squires off with Aiko Ewing Mosley MMA in Pomona, California
- At Defiant FC in Midland, Texas, Sanaz Khamisi fights Megan Runnels and Yuri Medina faces Trinity Williams