In action Friday morning, Brogan Walker defeated YooJin Jung by unanimous decision at PXC 45 in Guam.
Jessica Eye versus Leslie Smith has been moved to the main card at UFC 180 in Mexico City, Mexico November 15\, so it will be on PPV rather than Fox Sports 1.
Brazil’s Osvaldo Paqueta announce the nominees for their Female Fighter of the Year award.
Nominees include Herica Tiburcio (InvictaFC), Jennifer Maia (InvictaFC), Kalindra Faria (XFC/WSOF), Karine Silva (XFC), and Livia Renata Souza (InvictaFC).
Voting for the Brazilian award will start in December.
Leah Letson has decided to forego the Tuff-n-uff tournament and pursue a pro career. She will take on Christina Jobe at King of the Cage in Carlton, MN November 22.
Letson (5-0) has three finishes to her credit, while Jobe (5-4) has finished in all but one of her amateur bouts.
Letson will be on the Wombat Sports podcast Sunday at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. est. You can listen live here.
Two other pro bouts were also announced this week.
- Breea Gilbert and Carolyn Biskup will look for their first pro wins at Hoosier Fight Club in Valparaiso, Indiana November 8th.
- Poland’s K-1 champ Ania Fucz will look for her second MMA win as she takes on 1-1 Cinja Kiefer at Lanna Time II in Bochum, Germany November 29.
In amateur bouts announced this week:
- On November 8th, Nikki Duncan takes on Chelsi Westdorp in a flyweight bout at Vertex MMA in Cadillac, MI.
- November 22 at Total Warrior Combat in Lansing, MI Alyse Anderson will defend her atomweight title against Danielle Huff.
InvictaFC is running a instragram MMA costume contest with the winner getting V-mode headphones, an autographed InvictaFC 9 poster, or an InvictaFC sweatshirt. More details here.
If you haven’t noticed – Sqor, the upstart social media platform, has been using the cast of TUF 20 to promote it. The fighters have been getting good sums of money in the deal, with Felice Herrig banking $10,000.
Finnish fighter Vuokko Katainen, who lost in the opening round of the XFC flyweight tournament by majority decision, has signed a six fight deal with the promotion.
Swedish fighter Linn Wennergren will join her at XFC. She will make debut with the promotion November 22.
The GFight Women’s MMA summit will return in 2015. More details will be forthcoming but you can check out updates and give us some input by joining the GFight facebook group.
Jessica Aguilar told Ariel Helwani on the MMA Hour podcast that her fight with Kalindra Faria is still on. She also re-confirmed two more matches on her contrast including the Faria fight and she will be able to “test the waters” to be signed elsewhere when it’s up.
Add Livia Renata Souza to the list of possibles for InvictaFC 10 in December.
Former Strikeforce champion Marloes Coenen will make her Bellator MMA debut Friday night in Mulvane, KS as she takes on Italian MMA star Annalisa Bucci. Both Coenen (145.9) and Bucci (145.2) made weight for the 145 pound bout that will air on Spike TV.
Coenen (21-6) is coming off her second loss to Cyborg Justino in Invicta, and looks to help jump start the women’s featherweight division in Bellator.
Bucci (7-3) is coming off a win over InvictaFC’s Maria Hougaard Djursaa. This will be her US debut.
MMA Super Heroes will have an one night atomweight tournament Saturday in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
In semi-final bouts:
- Amanda Torres takes on Bianca Reis
- Arielle Souza faces Janaisa Morandin
The tournament will stream for free on EI Nordeste youtube channel at 7:30 est/4:30 pst Saturday.
WMMA pioneer Satoko Shinashi will return to action after a six year absence from the sport to take on Ye Jin Jung at DEEP in Tokyo, Japan Sunday.
Shinashi (29-2-2) is a 13 year veteran of the sport, and holds the record for most armbar submission wins. She is the former DEEP atomweight champion. She took time off to start a family, but decided to return to competition.
Korea’s Jung will make her pro debut after having several amateur MMA bouts under RoadFC. The 15 year old also has some kickboxing experience.
In other pro bouts:
- At PLMMA 41 in Legionowo, Poland, Barbara Nalepka takes on Izabela Badurek
- At DFC Fall Brawl in Frago, ND, Summer Bradshaw battles Mariah Prussia
- In a pair of bouts at Gladiator Challenge in San Diego, CA, Lissette Neri fights Jessy Miele and Bryanna Fissori faces Catalina Madril
- Rachael Short takes on Zhen Wei at MIMMA in Malaysia
- At Strikers House Cup in Brazil, Mariana Morais battles Geisielli Nascimento (125)
WMMA returns to South Africa as Fightstar MMA will feature an amateur MMA bout.
Iris Rodrigues will look for her second win as she takes on the debuting Shana Power. Rodrigues won her MMA debut with a unanimous ddecisionover Santa-Marie Venter.
In other amateur bouts:
- In a pair of bouts at Fight to Win in Glendale, Colorado, Brittany Boone takes on Hanna Schaefer while Grace Cleveland faces Cady Kinzie
- Małgorzata Smaczniak battles Agnieszka Więcek at Memoriał Pawła Kamińskiego in Gniezno, Poland
- At RUF in Parker, Arizona, Valerie Quintero fights Erika Norato and Nicole Sontag takes on Terry Rucker
- Amber Ortiz faces Brittany Simms at Midtown Throwdown in Eugene, OR
Yazmin Rivas will defend her WBC World bantamweight title against Susie Ramadan in Durango, Mexico.
Rivas (30-8) won the title in June with an unanimous decision win over Alesia Graf. She has won 7 of her last eight fights.
Also on the card Alondra Garcia will duke it out with Maria Salinas
In Nagano, Japan WBA atomweight champion Ayaka Miyao will defend her title for the 6th time taking on Satomi Nishimura.
Miyao (18-5) has held the title since 2012, and hasn’t been beaten since 2010. Nishimura (7-1) is looking for her first world title.
In other pro boxing bouts:
- NABF flyweight champion Chantel Cordova will defend her title against Gloria Salas in Pueblo, Colorado
- In London, United Kingdom, Marianne Marston and Marianna Gulyas will duke it out for the vacant Malta (MBC) International super bantamweight title
- Ana Lozano faces Liliana Palmera in Barranquilla, Colombia
- In Cataluña, Spain, Daniele Limone takes on Abigail Medina
- Adela Celeste del Carmen Peralta battles Cristina Beatriz Cuevas in Santa Fe, Argentina