In boxing action Friday:
- Yesica Patricia Marcos defeats Estrella Valverde at 1:48 round 1 to retain the WBA World super bantamweight title in Mendoza, Argentina
- In Trnava, Slovakia, Zita Zatyko defeats Szilvia Szabados by unanimous decision to win the vacant WBF super middleweight title
UFC President Dana White made the announcement this week of the change of date, which was originally set for January 3rd. The match will now co-main event the UFC 184 pay per view in Los Angeles, the hometown of champion Rousey.
The Ultimate Fight Finale will feature all but Justine Kish competing in December 12 in Las Vegas. Most of the matches won’t be announced till the week before the finale.
UFC fighter Bethe Correia sustained a minor eye injury and won’t be available to compete until February.
InvictaFC president Shannon Knapp told MMA Mayhem Radio she will do all in her power to help Cyborg Justino get her a match with Ronda Rousey.
Cyborg seems to be “on schedule” for her cut to 135 for her match December 10 at Invicta.
Tabby Patterson announced her next fight will be against Cara Jo Wesemann at Gladiator Fighting Association in Topeka, KS for their amateur bantamweight title November 13th.
With Leah Letson turning pro, Florina Moeller will step up to take part of the Tuff-n-uff/InvictaFC featherweight tournament next weekend.
We will talk to Moeller on the Wombat Sports podcast Sunday to discuss preparing for her first semi-final match and her career as a fighter.
InvictaFC atomweight Jessica Philippus tweeted she will be returning to action early next year.
Amateur strawweight standout Kali Robbins will make her pro debut At Super Brawl in Milwaukee January 23rd.
USA Olympic wrestler Adeline Gray stated in a recent article she is looking to pursue a MMA career after the 2016 Olympics. She won’t start serious training until after then.
InvictaFC 9 is this weekend with nine scheduled bouts Saturday night in Davenport, Iowa; streaming on UFC Fight Pass at 8 p.m. central time.
Shortly after, come back to Wombat Sports and we’ll have the post-fight presser stream.
Also Saturday night, XFCi will start its season season strawweight tournament in Sao Paulo, Brazil. The will stream on XFCMMA.com starting at 10:30 est/7:30 pst.
Strawweight tournament Quarterfinals
- Marcela Yineris vs Liana Ferreira Pirosin (115)
- Marina Moroz vs Karine Silva (115)
- Dora Perjes vs Luana Santos Medeiros (115)
- Fernanda Priscila Barros Pinheiro vs Viviane Pereira (115)
In the co-main event, Julie Werner and Iryna Shaparenko will square off in a non-tournament bout.
In a rare Monday event, DEEP-JEWELS will hold it’s sixth card in Tokyo, Japan. The main event will feature atomweight champion Seo Hee Ham defending her belt against Saori Ishioka.
In other fights on the card:
- Emi Fujino vs Ayaka Miura (115)
- Shizuka Sugiyama vs Yurika Nakakura (135)
- Tomo Maesawa vs Yuko “Amiba” Oya (115)
- Satomi “Sarami” Takano vs Mina Kurobe (105)
- Yukiko Seki vs. Naomi Taniyama (105)
- Brittany Ann Decker vs. Pan Hui (105)
Cage Warriors happens Saturday morning in Newcastle, England as Irene Cabello takes on Vanessa Reinsch in an atomweight bout. The fight will be part of the non-streamed prelims.
In other pro bouts:
- At FWC 19 in Nerang, Queensland, Australia, Lana Kate takjes on Zoie Shreiweis
- Jaymee Jones battles Krystal McGuire in Tulsa, OK at XFN 21
- At XFC Australia in Mansfield, Queensland, Terissa Wall faces Helen Malone
- Katelyn Dykas fights Taylor Turner at Valor Fights in Pigeon Forge, TN
- At AFC 13 in Brazil Claudia Rey takes on Yelka Torres
- Ana Karla Morais faces Werônica Medeiros at NFA inTrindade, Goias, Brazil
In amateur MMA:
- At Clan Wars in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Leah McCourt faces Aoifé Murphy
- Hannah Sears battles Hannah Elswick at King of Jacksonville – Jacksonville, North Carolina
- At Cage Wars in Albany, New York, Amanda Brundige fights Brittany Ehntholt
- In a pair of bouts at Gladius Fights in Ithaca, New York, Janice Meyer takes on Fernanda Araujo and Kate Riley battles Casey Garland (150)
- Stephanie Hull faces Cassie Schmeekle at Shofights in Branson, MO
- At Destiny Na Koa in Honolulu, Hawaii, Angela Lee takes on Audrey Perkins
Eva Voraberger will look to defend her WIBF and WBF super flyweight title as she faces Renata Domsodi in Vienna, Austria.
Voraberger (18-3) has won back to back since her last loss, and has 9 KOs to her credit. She won the titles in June.
Domsodi (12-5) is the current WBF International and UBO international bantamweight champion and had 5 KOs to her credit.
Yuko Kuroki will defend her WBC minimumweight title for the first time as she takes on Katia Gutierrez in Fukuoka, Japan.
Kuroki (11-4-1) is unbeaten in her past three fights and won the title in June. Gutierrez is the former IBF world minimumweight champion eight of her last 9 fights.
On other boxing action:
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Ruth Stephanie Aquino takes on Laura Martinez
- Viviane Obenauf battles Zsofia Bedo in Berne, Switzerland
- In Hamilton, Bermuda, Teresa Perozzi faces Kali Reis
- Felice Moncelli fights Sasa Janjic in Lazio, Italy