In action Wednesday:
- In pro MMA at PeruFC, Mariana Moraes defeated Cristina Mejía by unanimous decision
- In boxing in New York, New York, Heather Hardy defeated Elizabeth Anderson by unanimous decision.
In action Thursday at Circuito Team Nogueira in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, Juliana Velasquez defeats Priscila de Souza by unanimous decision in a pro MMA bout. In amateur action, Karoline Martins defeated Nicole Ball by knockout.
At OneFC Friday morning, Ana Julaton defeated Walaa Abas by unanimous decision and Jujeath Nagaowa defeated Tharoth Sam by TKO round 2.
Cyborg Justino has given up on going to 135 for now.
The InvictaFC featherweight stated to MMA Fighting her injury has delayed the cut and she is questioning if she can even make 135.
The plan is for Justino to defend her 145 title at InvictaFC’s 11th event in February. We are expecting an announcement Friday night during InvictaFC 10 on the location and opponent.
On Wednesday’s episode of TUF 20, two fighters advanced to set the semi-finals.
Former InvictaFC champion Carla Esparza defeated Tecia Torres in a grudge match. Esparza’s wrestling is what gave her the edge in the majority decision win. Esparza will face another former InvictaFC champion in Jessica Penne in the semi-finals.
The other semi-final saw Rose Namajunas submit Joanne Calderwood by kimura. Namajunas used her bjj skills to attack Calderwood. Calderwood tried to make up ground with strikes in round two, but Namajunas was able to get the kimura on the ground to get tap. This was the first time Calderwood was submitted in an MMA competition. Namajunas will face Randa Markos in the semi-finals.
Both semi-finals will air this coming Wednesday on Fox Sports 1 with the finals the following Friday.
Awakening Fights are looking for nominees for the WMMA Awards.
The female fighting site is asking fans for three nominees per category by December 10, and will open voting soon after.
You can add Julia Jones versus Alyssa Garcia to the four other matches announced for Rock Xtrreme Combat in Texas January 10th.
V3 has announce an amateur bantamweight title match in Memphis for January 24 pitting two top amateur prospects.
We have us a challenger for the undisputed V3 female champ, Amberlynn Orr (8-1) will take on Alyssa Vasquez (6-4).
It will most likely be streamed and we will have more info closer to the event.
Gina Carano made a visit to the CSA gym in Dublin, CA this past week. CSA is home gym to Alexis Davis, Zoila Gurgel, and Miriam Nakamoto among others. She was just visiting there and not there to train, at least no seriously.
You can see a pic of her and Frausto here.
On the podcast Sunday at 1 p.m. pst/4 p.m. est, we will talk to InvictaFC’s Marion Reneau, who was supposed to be fighting Friday night. We will review the action from the card, and her aspirations in the promotion.
Rose Namajunas has brought in RFA star Kyra Batara into training camp. Batara, an atomweight star, comes from a solid wrestling background. (Hint hint!)
We should be expecting some female bout announcements in the next few weeks from the UFC. Holly Holm says she will be ready to go come February, and TUF 18 winner Juliana Pena in March.
Sarah Kaufman is now challenging Jessica Andrade to a fight her next.
Friday night is InvictaFC 10 on UFC Fight Pass. Stream starts at 6 p.m. pst/9 p.m. est. You can see our preview of the card here.
Smith (3-0) won the CSA featherweight tournament last year and soon signed to the World Series of Fighting. She got the TKO over Marciea Allen in June and was waiting for another fight. She was released from the WSOF just as the UFC offer came around.
TUF 18 vet Pennington (4-4) is coming off a close loss to Jessica Andrade this past March. Pennington won her official UFC debut with a decision over Roxanne Modafferi.
The fight will kick off the UFC televised prelims on Fox Sports 1.
MMA Super Heroes will close its year with two female bouts.
Tournament champion Renata Baldan is lookig to recover from her first loss as she takes on Luciana Treze. Also, Karina Santana de Oliveira takes on Mariana Leonardo in a flyweight bout.
In other pro bouts:
- At Roshambo in Australia, Megan Anderson takes on Zoie Shreiweis
- Ariel Beck faces Angela Hayes at Fightforce on Butte, MT
- At Maringá Combat in Maringa, Parana, Brazil, Hevellyn Moura battles Hilana Rezende
- Jessica Zomchik fights Stacey Sigala at Gladiators of the Cage in Pittsburgh, PA. In amateur action, Jena Baldwin takes on Jamie Driver and Melissa Gasdick faces Sarah Click
In amateur MMA:
- At Conflict MMA in Hardeeville, SC, Jenna Fox faces Annie DeCresente
- At SGB in Ireland, Jaye Hayes battles Sinead Kavanagh
- In a pair of bouts at British Challenge MMA in Colchester, Essex, England, Jaye Haynes fights Sinead Kavanagh and Wendy McKenna faces Ameesha Bhudia (125)
- At Cowboy Extreme Fighting in San Antonio, Texas, Dominique Gallegher-Gonzales takes on Stephanie Builderback and Laurie Ashby battles Brandi Narvaez (115)
- In a pair of bouts at Rumble at the Roseland in Portland, OR, Chun Yang fights Hailea Brooks and Kalyn Schwartz takes on Lisa Spangler
- Yumi Matsumoto faces Danielle Alfapada at King of the Cage in Las Vegas, Nevada
- At Matrix Fights in Philadelphia, PA, Serena DeJesus battles Amanda Kramny
- Victoria Franco fights Makana Clemons at Kingdom 3 in Houston, TX
Undefeated Nicole Wesner will look for her first world titles as she takes on Gina Chamie for the vacant WIBF and vacant WBF lightweight title in Vienna, Austria.
Wesbner (8-0) has only started as a pro two years ago, but has stayed active on her run to a title match. Chamie is the former WBC Youth lightweight title holder.
WBC World flyweight champion Shindo Go will look to defend her title for the third time as she takes on Arely Mucino in Monterrey, Nuevo León, Mexico.
Go (14-2) is on a four fight win streak and has 9 KOs to her credit. She has yet to be stopped. Mucino (20-2) if the former interim WBA and IBF World flyweight champion .
In Sonora, Mexico, Jackie Nava will defend her WBC and WBA super bantamweight title against Sayda Mosquera.
Nava (30-4) won her past seven fights, gaining the belts along the way. Undefeated Sayda Mosquera (7-0) is the current WBC Latino female bantamweight champion
In Philipsburg, Sint Maarten, Sonya Lamonakis and Carlette Ewell will fight in a rematch for the vacant IBO World heavyweight title. The two faced each other in 2012 and fought to a draw.
Lamonakis (9-1-2) is coming off back to back wins and is the current New York State heavyweight title. Ewell (15-7-1) is returning after a two year absence since her draw with Ewell.
Karine Rinaldo will defend her EBU female super bantamweight title against Nevenka Mikulic in Corse-du-Sud, France.
Rinaldo (10-1-1) won the vacant title this past June with a TKO win over Marianna Gulyas. Mikulic (4-2-1) has finished in all but one of wins.
In other boxing bouts:
- In a pair of bouts in Santiago del Estero, Argentina, Vanesa del Valle Calderon takes on Valeria Almiron and Valeria Vanesa Gramajo faces Natalia Vanesa Lopez
- Shelly Gibson battles Simone Hoyte in Georgetown, Guyana
- In Emilia Romagna, Italy, Simona Galassi fights Evgeniya Zablotskaya
- In a pair of bouts in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Jelena Mrdjenovich dukes it out with Pasa Malagic and Kandi Wyatt takes on Lita Mae Button
- Sabrina Giuliani faces Farida El Hadrati in Puy-de-Dôme, France
- In Differdange, Luxembourg, Caroline Thea Andre battles Gabriella Vetro