Over a dozen countries have sent representatives including newcomers from Iceland and Azerbaijan. Silver medalist Anja Saxmarx from Sweden and quarterfinalist Amy O’Mara from England are among the World Championship vets in the tournaments. The IMMAF is also introducing a lightweight tournament at this event.
The only fight in the female divisions on Thursday saw Ireland’s Meagan O’Loughlin defeat England’s Wendy McKenna by unanimous decision in the opening round of the flyweight tournament.
The matches will be posted on UFC Fight Pass in the coming weeks.
Here are the draws for the four women’s divisions’ tournaments.
Strawweight (115 lbs)
- Deborah O’Sullivan (IRE) vs. Aleksandra Toncheva (BUL)
- Polly Beauchamp (UK) vs. Raluca Dinescu (ROM)
- Amy Omara (UK) vs. O’Sullivan/Toncheva winner
- Lyudmila Sadirina (AZE) vs. Beauchamp/Dinescu winner
Flyweight (125 lbs)
- Anja Saxmarx (SWE) vs. Meagan O’Loughlin (IRE)
- Ika Auvinen (FIN) vs. Sissel Hansen-Brynjulfsen (NOR)
- Sunna Davidsdottir-Rannveig (ISL) vs. Ilaria Norcia (ITL)
- Anette ã–Sterberg (FIN) vs. Michaela Dostalova (CZE)
Featherweight (145 lbs)
- Celine Provost (FRA) vs. Cornelia Holm (SWE)
- Julia Donrey (GER) vs. Provost/Holm winner
Lightweight (155 lbs)
- Sini Koivunen (FIN) vs. Leah McCourt (NIR)
- Miia Isola (FIN) vs. Aurore Quintin (FRA)