The initial InvictaFC podcast debuted Wednesday with some major announcements to kick it off.
Four additional bouts have been added on to the now nine bout InvictaFC 15 card in Costa Mesa, California January 16th.
Two featherweight bouts have been targeted for the event. Ediane Gomes returns to 145 to battle Amanda Bell. Both are coming off losses but look to get back in the featherweight title hunt with a win. In a bout of up and coming featherweights, Tuff-n-uff tournament winner Amber Liebrock is looking for her second pro win as takes on Megan Anderson.
The solo bantamweight bout sees Raquel Pa’aluhi take on Colleen Schneider. Pa’aluhi is coming off a win over Gomes and looks to be the next title challenger for Tonya Evnger. Standing her way is Schneider, who has won three straight including a win over Bryanna Fissori at Pancrase.
Rounding out the card is a flyweight battle between knockout specialist Christine Stanley and a battle tested Shannon Sinn. Both are coming off impressive wins in their last Invicta outings.
InvictaFC president Shannon Knapp also announced a date and possible location for the next event. Their 16th card will take place March 11 and is tentatively set for Las Vegas.
The card will mark the start of the InvictaFC flyweight title tournament, and Knapp is trying to figure out the bracket. She mentioned on the podcast it was champion Barb Honchak’s idea to have them crown an interim champion, as she is trying to settle into a new gym and new surroundings in the northwest before making a return. Knapp expressed a five month timeline for Honchak to return to the Invicta cage.
Also expected on the card is Alexa Grasso. It is speculated the winner of the Souza-Bennett fight will face Grasso next. Stephanie Eggink will also be returning to Invicta after having her baby.
Here is the complete InvictaFC 16 card:
- Cyborg Justino (14-1, 1 NC; champion) vs Daria Ibragimova (9-1) – Featherweight title
- Livia Renata Souza (8-0; champion) vs DeAnna Bennett (8-0) – Strawweight title
- (135) Raquel Pa’aluhi (5-4) vs Colleen Schneider (9-6)
- (105) Amber Brown (5-1) vs Lisa Ellis (15-10)
- (115) Jodie Esquibel (5-1) vs Angela Hill (2-2)
- (115) Mizuki Inoue (9-4) vs Lacey Schuckman (11-8)
- (145) Amanda Bell (3-3) vs Ediane Gomes (10-4)
- (125) Christine Stanely (4-1) vs Shannon Sinn (2-2)
- (145) Megan Anderson (4-2) vs Amber Liebrock (1-0)