We have seen some stars rise up the featherweight ranks this past year. With Bellator and Invicta giving opportunities to these fighters, next year could be fruitful.
The WMMA Press Association selected six athletes that is helping the featherweights rebound in 2016. The winner will also be nominated for “Fighter of the Year”.
Here are the nominees. The committee will vote on the winners next week.
- Arlene Blencowe (2-1 in 2015)
- Julia Budd (2-0 in 2015)
- Marloes Coenen (1-0 in 2015)
- Daria Ibragimova (3-0 in 2015)
- Cris “Cyborg” Justino (2-0 in 2015)
- Katharina Lehner (3-0 in 2015)