BJJ superstar Mackenzie Dern has her next challenge in MMA.
The black belt will face Katherine Roy at Legacy Fighting Alliance in San Antonio, Texas March 10th. It will air on AXS TV.
Dern is coming off a highlight reel submission over Montana Stewart in October and is currently 2-0 as a pro.
Roy is coming off her professional win over Mary ooi at World Series of Fighting Global in the Philippines.
Before the fight, Dern will main event Fight to Win pro grappling, facing Pati Fontes this Saturday in Scottsdale, Arizona. It will stream live on FloGrappling.com.
Also on the card:
- Lauren Murphy (MMA LAB) VS Elisa Giddens (Gracie Barra)
- Shasta McMurry (Soul Fighters) vs Destiny Adviento (De Boa One Jiu Jitsu)
- Maria Henderson (MMA Lab) vs Analilya Calzada (Studio 540)
- Kelsey Gollihar (TNT MMA) vs Vanessa Wexler (Gracie Barra)
- Serena Myers (Carlos Faria BJJ) vs Hannah Shepherd (Universal CTA)
- Jameea Gunn (Lotus Club) vs Alexis Peterson (Maracaba Power MMA)
The UFC announced several matches these past few weeks:
- February 19 – Liz Carmouche vs Sara McMann added to UFC Fight Night 105 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. Joins Carla Esparza versus Randa Markos.
- March 11 – UFC Fight Night 106 in Fortaleza, Brazil will see Marion Reneau versus Bethe Correia at bantamweight.
- March 18 – Lina Lansberg takes on Veronica Macedo at UFC Fight Night at the O2 Arena in London, England.
- April 8 – UFC 210 in Buffalo, New York Katlyn Chookagian will face Irene Aldana
Paige VanZant has signed a deal with Hachette Book Group to release an autobiography in the near future.
UFC fighter Heather Clark will be launching her new podcast “Believe 2 Believe” next week on itunes. The show will feature stories of overcoming doubt and mental hurdles in fighting and in life.
Her first guests will be Amanda Nunes and Nina Ansaroff.
Bellator has added a flyweight fight to their February 18th card in San Jose, California. Amateur standout Brooke Mayo will make her pro debut against Veta Arteaga. No word yet on if this will be streamed.
The all female MMA promotion RoadFC XX will hold its first all female MMA card March 11 in Seoul, South Korea.
The promotion is an off shoot of RoadFC and will compliment the cards going forward.
Ji Yeon Lee, Lim Seo-Hee, Park Jeong-Eun, Hong Yoon-Ha, Shim Yoo-Ree, Kim Hae-In, and Kang Jin-Hee will all take part of the card.
The IMMAF have announced their World Championships will happen in Bahrain in November. This will be the first time the country will see female MMA fights.
The promotion also announced recently retired fighter Aisling Daly will hold an athletes’ training seminar during competition week of the 2017 European Open Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria in March.
Invicta has set its dates fr the year. Besides the already announced March 25 Kansas City card, they will hold events on May 20, July 15, September 30, and November 18.
The Missouri State Athletic commission has upheld the Amy Montegro versus Celine Haga decision from InvictaFC 21. Haga maybe looking at legal action because she is looking to improve her record for a possible move to the UFC.
Yaya Rincon announced Wednesday she has signed with Invicta. No word on when she will make her debut.
Kyra Batara will make her return to the Combate Americas cage February 16th in Los Angeles, as she takes on eight-time Spanish national Judo champion Vanessa Rico Fernandez. The fight will stream on UFC Fight Pass.
Catherine Costigan will return from a year and a half layoff to take in Wendy McKenna at Cage Warriors March 4th in Dublin, Ireland.
Germany’s Katharina Lehner will face Lucie Pudilova for the bantamweight title at Fusion FC 13 on March 24 in Pribram, Czech Republic.