Fighters can’t do what they do without them.
Sponsors contribute time, products, services, and funds to help athletes perform at their best and make their bouts. Some even sponsor events to give them opportunities to fight.
The WMMA Press committee is a set of journalists that have covered the female divisions of martial arts for years on may different levels.
Six journalists will vote on the award:
- Pedro Henrique – Da Made Ferro MMA (Brazil)
- Charlie Jewett – CJ’s Report (covering Asian MMA)
- Yael Grauer – Sherdog.com
- MarQ Piocos – WombatSports.com
- Elias Stefanescu – Ground and Pound (Germany)
- Kristin Ursy – Women’s MMA Round-up
This is the 7th year for the awards which sees the best in female fighters recognized.
Six businesses are up this year for Sponsor of the Year and have proven to help the sport flourish in 2016.
Here are the nominees: