The UFC has repeated as WMMA Press Promotion of the Year, as V-Moda picks up its first award for Sponsor.
The awards are voted on by the WMMA Press committee, a set of journalists that have covered the female divisions of martial arts for years on may different levels.
Six journalists who voted on the award:
- Gina Begley – Pro WMMA Now / Bluegrass MMA
- Charlie Jewett – CJ’s Report (covering Asian MMA)
- Yael Grauer – TheSportsPost.com
- MarQ Piocos – WombatSports.com
- Elias Stefanescu – Ground and Pound (Germany)
- Kristin Ursy – Women’s MMA Round-up
The UFC continues to expand its female divisions and had six female fights main event fight cards. It also had more female fights than any other promotion.
V-Moda has been a long time sponsor of InvictaFC and many of the fighters who have fought in their cage can be seen jamming out as they prepare to fight. The headphones has won industrial awards, and now it can claim its first award on the MMA side.
Congratulations UFC and V-Moda – WMMA Press 2016 Promotion and Sponsor of the Year.