With most of the InvictaFC titles in a state if flux, InvictaFC president Shannon Knapp took some time Monday to update us.
- With Megan Anderson now signed to the UFC, Knapp confirms that the InvictaFC featherweight title has not been vacated. They are still waiting for the dust to settle after the Anderson versus Cyborg match in July.
- When asked about the Tonya Evinger and Helen Kolesnyk possibly being an interim title match, Knapp state “it’s on the table”.
- The strawweight title will finally have an owner coming at InvictaFC 25. A date, location, and participants has yet to be announced.
- The reason the Jinh Yu Frey verse Ashley Cummins fight was booked was because Ayaka Hamasaki has yet to contact Invicta on when she is ready to come back. Even after losing to Livia Souza, Hamasaki has still shown her insistence to stay at 115. Until Hamasaki gives Invicta a definitive thumbs up for the move, the atomweight title will stay around her waste. The Frey versus Cummins match is a title eliminator.
Some other things of note we discussed:
- The UFC is definitely interested in getting some Invicta talent on their upcoming “Contenders Series”, but have yet to book any.
- Fans were asking about when and if we would see Daria Ibragimova again in Invicta. Knapp tells us she will be available come the fall. It is not known if she will drop to 135 and stay at 145.
- Invicta Boxing is taking a little longer than expected, but things are still going smoothly.