With the bantamweight title continual vacant because of athletes signing to the UFC, Invicta looks to make sure the bantamweight division is continuing expanding.
Their 29th outing will return to Kansas City May 4th and sees four bantamweight fights on the card, including the already announced Sarah Kaufman looking for her second world title facing the undefeated Katharina Lehner.
The co-main event could see a new contender emerge as former title challenger Pannie Kianzad battles Brazil’s Bianca Daimoni, who is making her promotional and US debut.
Among the other bantamweight bouts:
- The undefeated Julia Avila making her promotional debut taking on InvictaFC vet Marciea Allen, who has been on a three fight win streak.
- Come off of back to back wins at Invicta, Yaya Rincón is looking for her third as she faces the pro debuting Lisa Spangler, who has been tearing up the northwest fight scene with an amateur 9-1 record and multiple titles.
The flyweight division will see two bouts.
- After her successful win at InvictaFC 28, Pearl Gonzalez makes the quick turnaround facing Bárbara Acioly, who looks to snap a two fight losing streak. This will be Gonzalez’s return to flyweight. (We talked to Gonzales after her last win and can read about it here).
- After losing a split decision to Andrea Lee at InvictaFC 23, Liz Tracy is returning coming off a win at King of the Cage. The Oregon native faces Cheri Muraski, who is coming off a split decision loss at InvictaFC 27, and her first loss of her career.
The strawweights will also see a pair of bouts:
- Former Tuff-n-uff champion Cheyanne Vlismas will make her promotional debut against Helen Peralta. Vlismas is coming off her first pro win and is trained and managed by former UFC champion Miesha Tate. Peralta is also a former Tuff-n-uff champion and coming off her first pro win.
- 18 year old Adriana Vuković out of Croatia will face a yet to be named opponent on the card. Vuković started young in Mauy Thai and grappling and moved to the famous Tri-Star gym in Montreal to train for her pro debut. We covered Vuković in our Future Stars column a few years ago.
The lone featherweight bout sees Allison Schmidt taking on Macy Chiasson, both coming off wins. Schmidt trains out of the world famous AKA with InvictaFC star Pam Sorenson. Louisana’s Chiasson had a stellar amateur career, and was undefeated at featherweight.
Here is the card as it stands. We expect a possible one or two amateur bouts to be announced in the coming weeks. The event will stream on UFC Fight Pass May 4th.
- Sarah Kaufman (19-4, 1 NC) vs. Katharina Lehner (7-0) – vacant Bantamweight title
- Pannie Kianzad (8-3) vs. Bianca Daimoni (7-2) – Bantamweight contenders Bout
- Pearl Gonzalez (7-3) vs. Bárbara Acioly (4-2) – Flyweight bout
- Julia Avila (4-0) vs. Marciea Allen (6-2) – Bantamweight Bout
- Liz Tracy (4-2) vs. Cheri Muraski (4-1) – Flyweight Bout
- Yaya Rincón (2-0) vs. Lisa Spangler (0-0) – Bantamweight Bout
- Allison Schmidt (1-0) vs. Macy Chiasson (1-0) – Featherweight Bout
- Helen Peralta (1-0) vs. Cheyanne Vlismas (1-0) – Strawweight Bout
- Adriana Vuković (0-0) vs. TBA – Strawweight Bout