Weigh-ins on Halloween always look to be fun, and the InvictaFC fighters didn’t disappoint as they hit the dreaded scales dressed up to celebrate.
All but two came in on weight for InvictaFC’s ninth card. The Davenport, Iowa crowd was treated to several costumed figures, including InvictaFC Presdient Shannon Knapp as UFC Presdient Dana White and matchmaker Julie Kedzie as her UFC counterpart Joe Silva. Among the fighters, Kelly McGill graced the stage as Minnie Mouse and Nicdali Rivera-Colonac came in as Harley Quinn. (You can see pictures here on Invicta’s FB page).
The main event will feature Barb Honchak defending her flyweight title for the second time against veteran Japanese fighter Takyo Hashi. Both made weigh under the 125 pound limit.
Both Maegan Goodwin (138.8 pounds) and Maria Hougaard Djursaa (148.6) were overweight and 25% of their purse will be given to their opponents.
Michael Schiavello and Julie Kedzie will be doing the commentary duties, while InvictaFC fighter Laura Sanko will be doing in-cage interviews.
The event will start at 8 p.m. central time and will stream on UFC Fight Pass. We will have a live stream of the post fight presser here on Wombat Sports shortly after the event.
- Barb Honchak (124.4; champion) vs Takayo Hashi (124.8) – flyweight title
- Mizuki Inoue (115.0) vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz (115.0)
- Kaitlin Young (145.0) vs Raquel Pa’aluhi (145.0)
- Nicdali Rivera-Calanoc (105.2) vs Jodie Esquibel (105.8)
- Amber Brown (105.6) vs Liz McCarthy (105.2)
- Amanda Bell (145.6) vs Maria Hougaard Djursaa (148.6)*
- Shannon Sinn (125.4) vs Andrea Lee (125.0)
- Strawweight (115): Jenny Liou Shriver (115.8) vs Jamie Moyle (115.0)
- Kelly McGill (135.8) vs Maegan Goodwin (139.8)**
*Hougaard missed weight and will forfeit 25% of her purse to Bell. Weight contested now at lightweight
**Goodwin missed weight and will forfeit 25% of her purse to McGill. Weight contested now at featherweight