InvictaFC made a few new signings this week.
WSOF vet Alida Gray (4-1) is the newest edition to the strawweight division. Having scored a 5 second award winning knockout last year, Gray suffered her first loss as a pro to champion WSOF Jessica Aguilar.
Bantamweight Evva Johnson (1-0) is also looking to make some waves. Going 8-1 as an amateur with 6 submission, she is coming off a second round win over Priscilla Brownfield.
Ediane Gomes also announced she has renewed her contract with Invicta this week.
DEEP-JEWELS announced four more fights for their November 2 card.
Besides the atomweight title bout between atomweight Seo Hee Ham and Saori Ishioka, former WSOF title challenger Emi Fujino (13-8) will face Ayaka Miura (1-0). Bantamweight Shizuka Sugiyama (11-4-1) looks to get back on the winning track taking on Yurika Nakakura (3-1).
Also Tomo Maesawa (3-4) faces Yuko “Amiba” Oya (8-3) and Satomi “Sarami” Takano (3-4) takes on Mina Kurobe (3-0).
The event will stream on the D-J Ustream channel.
InvictaFC flyweight contender Jennifer Maia will be back in action November 15 as she takes on Paraguay’s Stephanie Bragayrack in Curitiba, Brazil. DaMadeFerroMMA reported the match Friday.
Maia (9-3-1) has won back to back outside of Invicta this past year. He last loss was to the UFC’s Leslie Smith. She has wins over Zoila Frausto and Jessica Andrade.
Bragayrack (3-1) could make a quick name for herself over the top ten ranked Maia. She has two TKO wins to her credit.
Colleen Schneider has a new opponent for fighter October 4th in Tacoma, WA.
Brenda Gonzalez (5-1) will challenge Schneider for her Super Fight League flyweight title as the Indian promotion will make its US debut.
Gonzales finished in all but one of her wins, with her lone loss coming from UFC fighter Rina Nakai. The New Mexico native trains with InvictaFC signee Amber Brown and UFC fighter Tim Means.
Schneider won the SFL title last year in Mumbai, India with a keylock submission over Sanja Sucevic. She won four straight before losing to InvictaFC fighter DeAnne Bennett. She is training under UFC fighters Josh Barnett and Shayna Baszler.
Also added to the card, Cheryl Chan will take on Hadley Griffith.
The event will stream live and free on the SFL Youtube page October 4th.
The IMMAF will be compiling a list of amateur fights and fighters for global database in the coming months.
The group plans on contacting promoters and industry professionals to get updated stats in order help their cause of making amateur MMA a world wide option for the sport.
We will have more details on how to help in the upcoming weeks.
Tina Lähdemäki was to face Juliana de Lima Carneiro in November but has sustained an eye injury and will be out until early 2015.
We did another article for MMA Jam, this time tackling promotions commitment (or lack of) in their women’s divisions. You can read it here.
On the podcast Sunday at 1 pm. pst/4 p.m. est, we will talk to Andrea Lee about her InvictaFC signing, the freak incident in her pro debut last weekend, and staying busy.
Gina Carano versus Ronda Rousey isn’t happening anytime soon.
Carano is currently booked for two movies at the end of this his year and the January 3 bout won’t be possible. UFC President Dana White stated he couldn’t believe how much she wanted to face Rousey, but it only makes sense because it’s very unlikely Carano would win.
In a fight that could determine Ronda Rousey’s next opponet will happen in Vegas Saturday as Cat Zingano will return from a year and a half absence to face Amanda Nunes. Both Zingano and Nunes came in at 135.
Zingano (8-0) defeated Miesha Tate in a title eliminator last year, but a knee injury sidelined her. She has yet to taste defeat and has only went to decision once in her pro career.
Nunes (9-3) is looking for her third UFC win, having had back to back TKOs. She has finished in all her wins with a 14 second knockout.
The fight will be a part of the main card and will air on pay per view.
In the battle of the Vanessa’s, Guimaraes (3-2) will face Melo (3-2) in the finals of the strawweight grand prix that started this past spring.
The flyweight grand proix opening round will feature Brazil taking on the world.
- American Rachael Cummins (2-1) will battle Brazil’s Taila Santos (3-0)
- Mexico’s Karina Rodrigues (3-1) takes on Brazilian Poliana Botelho (2-1)
- Finland’s Vuokko Katainen (2-1) fights Brazil’s Antonia Silvaneide Pereira da Silva (2-1)
- Russian Julia Borisova (3-0) faces Brazilian Debora Ferreira (3-0)
The fight will stream live and free on XFCMMA.com.
In other pro bouts:
- At Triple A MMA in Santa Fe, NM, Natalie Roy takes on Nohime Dennison
- Roberta Paim faces Tais Machado at Duel of the Titans in Brazil
- At Eternal MMA 7 in Australia Tam Taylor battles Zoie Shreiweis
- Aline Cruz fights Naiara “Guerreira” Pereira at Federal Fight in Brazil
- At We Love MMA in Germany, Anne Merkt takes on Katharina Lehner
In amateur bouts:
- At British Challenge MMA in Colchester, England, Monica Nix faces Wendy McKenna
- Veronica Muller takes in Caroline Cornell at Glory Fights in Woodbridge, Virginia
- In a pair of bouts at Aggressive Combat in Jamaica, NY, Destiny Quinones battles Jillian DeCoursey and Katalina Morales fights Sarah Thomas
- Jasmine Crawford takes on Samantha Harris at Cage Combat in Humble, Texas
- In a pair of bouts at King of the Cage in Carlton, Minnesota Sarah Jacobson faces Hope Sanftner and Missy Pontbriand battles Elizabeth McKenzie
- At Fists of Fury in Lawton, Oklahoma, Wendy Simmons fights Stephanie Hull (115)
Tori Nelson looks to defend her WIBA welterweight title for a fouth time as she takes on the former WBF welterweight champion Arlene Blencowe in Springfield, Virginia.
Nelson (10-0-3) was the WIBA and WBC middleweight champion before winning the title last September.
Australian’s Blenclowe (2-2) will be fight for the first time in the US and will look to turn some heads. She also fights in MMA.
Also on the card, Tyrieshia Douglas faces Whitney Gunter.
In Moscow, Russia, Svetlana Kulakova will face Ana Laura Esteche to unify the WBA World light welterweight titles in a rematch. The two battled on June to a split draw.
Kulakova (9-0-1) is unbeaten and won the interim title this past November.
Esteche (10-3-2) won the WBA championship in January, her first world title.
A tri of bouts will happen in Whitehall, New York, featuring a fight for the interim WIBA lightweight title.
Melissa St Vil and Nicole Woods will battle for the championship. St Vil is the current vacant IWBF welterweight champion and will be looking for her first world title.
In the other two bouts are the card, Ronica Jeffrey takes on Stacey Reile and Sarah Kuhn battles Olivia Fonseca
In other pro boxing action:
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina Sabrina Maribel Perez defends her WBC Silver super bantamweight title against Florencia Roxana Canteros
- Carleans Rivas faces Lady Love Sampiton for the initial Philippines GAB flyweight title in Manila, Philippines
- In a trio of bouts in Quintana Roo, Mexico, Zulina Munoz battles Karina Hernandez, Yesenia Gomez fights Anely Hernandez, and Yareli Larios dukes it out with Gloria Romero (126)
- Delfine Persoon faces Judy Waguthii in West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
- In Skopje, Macedonia, Maria Semertzoglou takes on Galina Gumliiska
- Naroyuki Koasicha battles Araceli Gualito in San Luis Potosí, Mexico
- In Buenos Aires, Argentina, Laura Soledad Griffa fights Norma Elizabeth Diaz Caucota
- Alicia Melina Kummer dukes it out with Roxana Tenea in Berlin, Germany
- In Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany, Bintou Schmill faces. Mirjana Vujic